CMBF Show Oct 7 Windsor Fairgrounds, Windsor Maine

joanie_maine

Songster
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Temple, ME
I thought I'd post a conversation thread for this show. It's next weekend.

Exhibitors will be having "tailgate" sales and it's a good place to purchase quality, tested birds for your flock.

If you are selling birds at this show or looking to buy, feel free to post here.

I will have a paint silkie roo (possibly carries khaki) as well as paint silkie hatching eggs. from this pen I have produced paint, blue and khaki.
picture??? for some reason it won't upload my picture.
let me try the pictures again

and this is his sister (in the back)

this is his brother- khaki silkie

Last edited:
I also have some 8 week old silkie chicks 2 blue and a blue partridge. these do not carry paint and if any one is interested in just hatched, I have 3 blue, split to paint gene and possible a few more that are due to hatch tomorrow.

Looking for four laying pullets to compliment my "flock" of 3 silkies (one 5 month old rooster and two ? 2 month old silkies)

Can you tell me what time the show starts and give me an idea of what adult chickens cost? I've only ever bought chicks. Thank you!

coop in is by 9:00am with judging starting at 9:30. vendors will be set up anytime but generally they coop in first. prices depend on what you are buying and the quality. at the swaps, laying hens run $15 and up. show quality birds can cost alot more but not every bird being sold at the show will be show quality. cockerels usually go $10 and up. the nice thing about buying adults, what you see is what you get. not as much of a surprise as with chicks that grow out and then you say "what is that???" you will be able to see the quality when you buy. also bring a carrier or box if you are planning to buy. some vendors will have them but they may forget them. if you have one, you're one step ahead of the game.

Can you tell me what time the show starts and give me an idea of what adult chickens cost? I've only ever bought chicks. Thank you!

yes the weather forcast is for rain on sunday but for those that have never been to one of these shows, windsor has 3 buildings that we use. one is the poultry barn, the other is the new sheep barn and the prime show ring. all of these are covered buildings so you should still be able to see the show and not get wet. last fall it also rained and we had the vendors set up in the prime show ring.

here is a map to the show.
http://www.windsorfair.com/location.htm

you will want to enter by the livestock gate- first gate (on right) if you are coming from rte 105/ s. china way onto rte 32.
if you are coming from rte 17 onto rte 32, go past the front gates and race track to the far end, it's on the left.

the poultry building is a long white building and it says "poultry" on it.
well I was going to post a picture of the building with it's newly painted sign but it won't let me upload it. I'll try later.

it works

Last edited:
I just got this email. thought I would pass it along.

Do you like Rosecombs? Do I have a deal for you! There's not enough room in our barn to winter over everyone, so I have decided to let my nice flock of Rosecombs go. I have Black, Blue and Splash - about a dozen birds altogether. In the few times I have shown them, they have done very well - Best of Breed at the Northeastern Poultry Congress and a few other shows. I would love to see them go to a Junior or someone else who is looking to get started with some quality birds for breeding and showing.

If you are interested, email me at [email protected]

If I don't hear from anyone, they will be for sale at our show this weekend.

Linda

Back
Top Bottom