Cocci treatment.. Need advice please

Roseyroberts

Songster
7 Years
Apr 28, 2013
East Texas
I have one pullet that is lathargic and has some blood in her poop. I went to Tsc to find Corid and they had nothing. I don't know what I am doing.
What I have on hand is :
Terra vet 200- oxytetracycline
Terr vet 10- tetracycline
Neovet- Neomycin sulfate

Will any of these help? Is Corid an antiobotic?
A local feedstock owner gave me the neovet and said it would. Should I just order Corid?

i would talk to TSC get their employee 's name and tell them to hold it for you. That you are on your way
Check the website for my TSC shows they have it in stock like Safeguard and Tylan 50 but they didnt couple days ago. Dang when they do stock it they only stock like 2 of the items. Good kuck though...

Last edited:
My girls tested positive and are losing weight. I started treatment with Corrid today. I'm giving it to everyone
I'm glad you were able to have some testing and hopefully find a solution
smile.png

Just in case you need dosage information: Corid dosage is 1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder per gallon or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon.
Give for 5-7 days - make sure this is the ONLY water available during that time period. Mix a fresh batch at least once a day.

After they finish treatment (5-7 days) offer some poultry vitamins and probiotics/plain yogurt.

Keep us posted.

Those won't help and could make matters worse. Coccidia is a protozoa - not a bacteria.
Call around to see if you can find corid, other brand of amprolium or a sulfa drug anywhere.
Could you get some medicated feed? It contains amprolium.

Corid (amprolium) is a thiamine blocker that resembles the B vitamin to the coccidia thereby starving it.

Last edited:
I have one pullet that is lathargic and has some blood in her poop. I went to Tsc to find Corid and they had nothing. I don't know what I am doing.
What I have on hand is :
Terra vet 200- oxytetracycline
Terr vet 10- tetracycline
Neovet- Neomycin sulfate

Will any of these help? Is Corid an antiobotic?
A local feedstock owner gave me the neovet and said it would. Should I just order Corid?
Are you sure they don't have Corid? It's usually in the cattle section. If they don't have Corid, ask if they have AmproMed of a sulfa drug.

Corid dose is 5 days at the severe amount, then 7-14 at the lesser amount.

• Powder is 1.5 teaspoons for 5 days, then 1/3 teaspoon for 7-14 days
  • Liquid is 2 teaspoons for 5 days, then 1/2 teaspoon for 7-14 days

That is what the mfg and the FDA recommend.

-Kathy

Those won't help and could make matters worse. Coccidia is a protozoa - not a bacteria.
Call around to see if you can find corid, other brand of amprolium or a sulfa drug anywhere.
Could you get some medicated feed? It contains amprolium.

Corid (amprolium) is a thiamine blocker that resembles the B vitamin to the coccidia thereby starving it.
X2! Anything that has amrpolium (Corid, AmproMed, Amprol, etc), or any type of sulfa (SulfMed G, Sulmet, Di-Methox, Albon, etc) is what I would try. Call TSC back and ask them to check stock. http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/Corid

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom