Cocci treatment.. Need advice please

Well the cocci treatment did nothing. I guess it's time to acknowledge that I have a Marek's flock.

I guess it's time to get some labwork done. There are hundreds of things that can afflict chickens just like other animals. Coccidiosis and Marek's don't resemble one another. I know people on here are quick to blame coccidia when chickens are sick but virtually every chicken will have coccidia in their system. It doesn't mean they're in danger from it.

I guess it's time to get some labwork done. There are hundreds of things that can afflict chickens just like other animals. Coccidiosis and Marek's don't resemble one another. I know people on here are quick to blame coccidia when chickens are sick but virtually every chicken will have coccidia in their system. It doesn't mean they're in danger from it.

No, they dont. And since I have two paralized chickens laying here I'm guessing it's mareks. Their combs are chalky looking now. They are alert and eat . I'm going to send the next one who dies into a&m.

My girls tested positive and are losing weight. I started treatment with Corrid today. I'm giving it to everyone

My girls tested positive and are losing weight. I started treatment with Corrid today. I'm giving it to everyone
I'm glad you were able to have some testing and hopefully find a solution
smile.png

Just in case you need dosage information: Corid dosage is 1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder per gallon or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon.
Give for 5-7 days - make sure this is the ONLY water available during that time period. Mix a fresh batch at least once a day.

After they finish treatment (5-7 days) offer some poultry vitamins and probiotics/plain yogurt.

Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom