Coccidiosis in Roo 18 months old?

Tartannik

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Wet Argyll, Scotland
Hi, the vet phoned me a few hours ago to say that the poo that i took in for testing from my poorly Roo has some Cocci in it. He has been ill for a few months now and no one seems to know what is wrong with him but we thought it was maybe neurological as he was stabbing at his food and drink as if he couldn't see it, was walking round in circles and not moving too much.
Obviously I need to treat all my chooks now although the rest seem ok, no blood in poo, still eating and drinking and some of them are laying but most of them are moulting so hardly any eggs.
I have been quite merrily eating the eggs but now i am worried that i shouldn't be?? I had given some to my friend yesterday and now I am worried I will poison her????
Until I get the medication (I live in the country so can't get the medication that easily) what else can I do to help them?

I've heard powdered milk sprinkled in their food can help. Some of my adult chickens had cocci earlier this year, they were back to normal after 2 days of baycox so hopefully things will improve for you soon.

Back
Top Bottom