Coccidiosis Treatment 6 week old

kristinhennifer

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2024
One chick was showing symptoms, treated the whole flock with corid water for 5 days.
NOW, on day 6 another one has blood in their droppings.
Do I treat again? I’d hate to do that depleting them of vitamins for so long.
Should I syringe dose just the one?

Not sure what to do! Thank you

Was it a full bloody situation covering the whole dropping or possibly just shed intestinal lining that sometimes gets mistaken for a LITTLE blood? Did you take pics?

Which dose of corid water were you using? Preventative or treatment/drench?
Here is what it looked like. What do you think? Treatment dose.

Attachments

• IMG_7061.jpeg
    IMG_7061.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 5
How much Corid did you use in the water each day?
Were you giving any vitamins or supplements at this time you were treating with the Corid?
1 tsp per gallon I mixed then into their little waterer. Remixed daily.
No vitamins at the time. Actually planned to start them today to replenish but when I saw that poop I wasn’t sure what the next step should be. I have not seen any other dropping with blood since that one this morning.

1 tsp per gallon I mixed then into their little waterer. Remixed daily.
No vitamins at the time. Actually planned to start them today to replenish but when I saw that poop I wasn’t sure what the next step should be. I have not seen any other dropping with blood since that one this morning.
I don't think you used enough Corid.
I'd retreat the whole flock with the correct dose:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ol-ampromed-the-correct-amprolium-dose.73341/

The proper dose is 2 teaspoons/gallon. I just went through all this with my gold-laced Polish baby. I mixed up 1/2 gallon at a time (clean 1/2 gal milk jug) and gave it to all my babies in the brooder. Clean the brooder regularly. I just took them off the Corid water and the directions state to treat a 2nd time in two weeks. I left a post asking if there are no symptoms should the 2nd treatment still be done, so you might want to watch those answers when they come in. Good luck!

The proper dose is 2 teaspoons/gallon. I just went through all this with my gold-laced Polish baby. I mixed up 1/2 gallon at a time (clean 1/2 gal milk jug) and gave it to all my babies in the brooder. Clean the brooder regularly. I just took them off the Corid water and the directions state to treat a 2nd time in two weeks. I left a post asking if there are no symptoms should the 2nd treatment still be done, so you might want to watch those answers when they come in. Good luck!
Thank you! How did you go about disinfecting the brooder? I have been removing any poop daily but I feel like it’s not enough 😫

Back
Top Bottom