Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
Sometimes my birds get along but I seldom keep LF and bantam together, just in case the LF decides it doesn't like a bantam. I do not want my LF to hurt my bantams in excitement to get to the food dish or trying to breed. I have had my big boy trample a bantam when trying to run from a suspected hawk.

My oldest Pullet hatched this year. Like her quite a bit. Think she might finish out well.

big_smile.png

Due to a family emergency, I was not able to get the frizzled that were offered to me. Although I was a little sad, everything happens for a reason. I have standard cochins but I was curious why are most frizzle bantam sized? I have been reading up so I can be more prepared when I am able to get some but I think I want full sized instead of bantam but I have had no luck finding them or even pictures of them on the internet.

Due to a family emergency, I was not able to get the frizzled that were offered to me. Although I was a little sad, everything happens for a reason. I have standard cochins but I was curious why are most frizzle bantam sized? I have been reading up so I can be more prepared when I am able to get some but I think I want full sized instead of bantam but I have had no luck finding them or even pictures of them on the internet.

There are only a few and they are not inexpensive when you can talk the breeder into letting go of one. They are the results of years of work crossing bantam to LF and increasing the size of the bird while maintaining quality. I know Jamie Matts has been working on them in Whites and Annamay has a Barred LF hen that I think she raised a few out of.

May have already posted this but are Cochins the same as Pekins according to a book I have bantam Cochins are not actually related to lf Cochins at all they are actually Pekins with a different name

Back
Top Bottom