Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
TeaChick--where are you geographically? I am sure most of us have extra boys if you can determine the coloring you would like.

C/B- always makes my day to see the lovely Peppermint but
hit.gif
to hear about Rastas

Ray Nastisi, It may be difficult to find 2 hens right now, most breeders have already scaled back to just the ones they are personally keeping for their flock for the winter. There are buy/sell/trade pages on the BYC site that you could check, or if you could give us a little more info (what color etc and geographically where you are) we might be able to help point you in the right direction or at the least be able to point you to breeders in your area so come spring you can find what you are looking for

TeaChick--where are you geographically? I am sure most of us have extra boys if you can determine the coloring you would like.

C/B- always makes my day to see the lovely Peppermint but
hit.gif
to hear about Rastas

Ray Nastisi, It may be difficult to find 2 hens right now, most breeders have already scaled back to just the ones they are personally keeping for their flock for the winter. There are buy/sell/trade pages on the BYC site that you could check, or if you could give us a little more info (what color etc and geographically where you are) we might be able to help point you in the right direction or at the least be able to point you to breeders in your area so come spring you can find what you are looking for

I'm in the Deep South.
I'd take any coloring. I have a frizzle; I understand that a frizzle must be bred to a smooth feathered bird, is that right?

Are there any breeders of smooth blue/splash bantam Cochins in Texas? I want to buy a splash hen or pullet that is of show quality. I really don't want chicks, but I could do that.

Spring? It isn't even winter yet!

I know. I know.
hide.gif

I want chicks!!!
love.gif

I'm going to build a small, inexpensive incubator and hatch me some Leghorns (well, they'll be 1/4 G-L Wayndotte); anyway, I'll let my DS have the pullets for his first flock and we'll cull the cockerels when they're large enough for dinner.

What I'm really looking forward to is broody hens, but I'll settle for babies and the prospect of more eggs sooner if I can get them.
Just to keep it on topic, one of my brood hens is a Bantam Cochin Frizzle. ;-)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom