Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

I know that there are those of you that see my photos all over FB, too. Sorry if you get tired of seeing them over and over. I try to share on all my pages so everyone can share in my delight.

Zap and a few of his MF hens.

I sure do not do Facebook, and I love your pics , so as far as I am concerned you can post as many times as you want!!! NEVER too many pics!

Just wanted to make sure because I know some folks are all over every where and I post on my page and some of the Cochin pages so they see them a good bit. I don't come over to BYC as much as I used to so I forget to share here sometimes.

Hi everyone! I'm new to chickens as far as actually keeping them. Been haunting the forums for years though :)
I have a bantam cochin roo who is black and near as I can tell he is gorgeous in type. I don't have an experienced eye though.
Anyway I am going to breed a teeny bit just for fun but wasn't considering cochins at all. Until I got this guy. He was a whim purchase. I wanted a frizzle in white and somehow ended up with him in my order from the breeder.

Anyway his personality is so stellar! He is so sweet and he is hilarious to watch! He has such a funny little personality and he is my only bantam but you wouldn't know it. The guy has a lion's heart.
Anyway I absolutely cannot butcher him. I'm considering getting him a couple mates and then breeding as a good reason to keep him.
Wondering if anyone has any advice or tips about how it really is keeping a breeding pen of these little guys? Are they too broody to be remotely functional? How are they for breeding for the novice hobbyist?
Or does anyone in NJ want a pretty bantam cochin roo? I can't bear to have him butchered. He's the only one in my flock that I feel that way about. He's such a charmer.

I love them and those big butt buns. As ya can tell I always wanted some of urs.

I hope yours grow up to be awesome! Like their parents.
D.gif

My guy is at that chick age where they look moth eaten and awkward! He isn't just black. Anyone know what color this is? Some kind of lacing or mottled/spangled maybe? I'm such a newbie!!

Don't mind the toddler hand. My 2 year old loves to pet Bitty.

Back
Top Bottom