Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

My little splash frizzle after his bath

OK I guess I am sold, after this pic and the ones from Amy I decided that Blue Frizzles are just plain gorgeous!
I don't have any, and have no idea where to get any, though my calico cochins have lots of blue in them.
I raised tons of Blue Silkies....does the gene work the same? blue/black/splash?

Yes, some people breed blue, black and splash together but I do not mix splash in them if I can help it anymore. Really messed up the colors in mine. They are interchangeable but when I breed for blue Mottled I only use black Mottled in with them. For Frizzles it won't matter and I have a few splash/blue Mottled crosses but they are only good with Frizzles. For good crisp color and pattern I breed only Mottled to Mottled. This is why you see the streaky Mottled birds. Splash will ruin it. But again, in Frizzles you can do BBS.

Thanks for that info. I had splash Silkies but not because I was breeding for them. A GOOD splash is very pretty but lots of them are not and like you stated it can mess you up.
Wonder why it is different in Frizzles?
My poor Frizzle rooster has an odd collection of pullets. Somehow since he is very sweet and gentle he got all the young pullets that just didn't "fit" anywhere else. Some were just to shy and scared to blend into the flock and some were injured or just needed rescued from the bigger Cochin rooster.
I might get some weird chicks but with Frizzles it might not matter. ???
idunno.gif
I'll give it a chance though.
He is deep red color and he has one purebred MF D'Uccle and some Silver laced Cochin bantams, all because they were picked on by the bullies.
I have a black and also a red frizzle pullet but they don't live with him. Guess they will be mated to the Calico Cochin, or do you think I can put them with a D'Uccle? Or even a Showgirl?
Hate to play Frankenstein here.......tell me if I should not get too crazy, it is more for convenience for me.

I put a lot of different colors together to make some interesting Frizzles. I don't mix breeds but I do mix colors because some just "pop" as a Frizzle when they are bland as a smooth.
I have shown Frizzles but judges are not impressed with them so I only take them for fun if I show them at all. It gets them in front of folks that usually never see them.

I agree with that, I don't want to mix breeds either......every thing is either Silkie or Cochin or a few D'uccles.
Guess I will take the eggs from the MF D'uccle and eat them and not hatch, I just hate to take her from that pen, she is safe and happy.
No need to move her if not hatching her eggs.
Pretty sure this red frizzle roo is a Frazzle. He is such a sweet thing. Only "frizzle" roo I have.

On second thought I might try and see if she gets along in the Porcelain roosters pen.
He is just like her as far as aggressiveness, he is very non-violent. SO FAR!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom