Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

I love Frizzles in bantam Cochins!
I have blue Mottled Frizzles, black Mottled Frizzles and Mille Fleur Frizzles. I just set up more breeding pens this week.

Frizzles are my favorites but I breed some other varieties that I do not add Frizzle to like the buff barred and the red barred. I haven't any plans to breed those into Frizzles.

Your birds are BEAUTIFUL
love.gif
Frizzles are adorable!!! Remind me of walking feather dusters...LOL!

Thank you!
Frizzles are my favorites but I have many breeding pens of bantam Cochins. This year I am just concentrating on reds and red barred. They need some good type on them. However, I will not be making Frizzled red barred but I may create my own line of Frizzle reds.

Thank you!
Frizzles are my favorites but I have many breeding pens of bantam Cochins. This year I am just concentrating on reds and red barred. They need some good type on them. However, I will not be making Frizzled red barred but I may create my own line of Frizzle reds.

Ooooh, please post pics if you do!

It would be a while before I would do it. I am trying to keep under 500 birds instead of my usual 750. If I can sell out a few breeding pens then I would have space to do it but I am not adding more pens and I am still having a hard time letting go of my "pets".

Hi ya'll! New to BYC!
frow.gif

I just got my first chickies last week. I was only suppose to get 4, ahem'... then I walked past the Feathered Leg Bantam bin. Oh goodness. I took all of me not to get 10 of them! My chicken expert who works there helped me identify most of the chickies, at least to the best of our ability (it was an assortment of different bantams). And I chose this little one:

She (we hope she is a she) is named Goldie. Only time will tell if she'll stay Goldie, or have to have a Roo name-change. ;) She is such a cutie! And she holds her own with her 4 other chickie-sisters who are all standards (BO, BR, EE, & SLW).

Hoping some one can help me with color identification. I have 5 bantam cochin chicks about 12 days old. One I know is white so I didn't take a picture. I believe two are black, even though they have a fair amount of white at the moment. Im stumped on the feather color of the brownish ones though and am hoping some one can help. Thanks!Chick one
Chick two
Chick three didn't want its picture taken
Chick four

Thanks in advance!!!

Cute chicks! #two almost has a mille fleur look to me, and three and four look blue, but I'm on mobile, so maybe I'm not seeing them the best. Also wondering if #three could be frizzled? The wing appears to be curling outward?

Back
Top Bottom