Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

I have a 4 to 5 mo given to me such a sweet hart but is there any reason wings seem a to be like only way to say it cut straight across short she has a hard time preaching wants to lose balance in a way just I have anouther frizzle and wings are small but nothing like this now she does have quite a few pin feathers so do ya think they will just fill in.

I have a 4 to 5 mo given to me such a sweet hart but is there any reason wings seem a to be like only way to say it cut straight across short she has a hard time preaching wants to lose balance in a way just I have anouther frizzle and wings are small but nothing like this now she does have quite a few pin feathers so do ya think they will just fill in.

Can you post a more close up pic of the wings? It sounds like they could have been clipped at some point before you got the bird, but I can't tell from the picture above. You might want to give her a lower roost if you can so she doesn't injure herself trying to fly up and down.

I did send some I hope to your page even when I go to put her down she is different then anything I can describe putting her down she is so awkward flapping as hard as she can and almost sits down I feel bad for her other the That she seems just fine

Last edited:
I did send some I hope to your page even when I go to put her down she is different then anything I can describe putting her down she is so awkward flapping as hard as she can and almost sits down I feel bad for her other the That she seems just fine

Thanks for sharing the pictures. From what I see, it looks like your new bird may be a frazzle, (a frizzle with 2 copies of the gene.) The feathers on a frazzle are short and more brittle compared to a typical frizzle. Frazzle feathers can break off too which is why you may be seeing pin feathers. You said this bird is 4-5 months old but that is a VERY red comb, face and pronounced set of wattles for a female of that age. If this bird is the age you were told, it definitely looks like a male to me (sorry!). Cockerels do flap and slap their wings together and kind of stand up tall and lean back when they do this. So maybe that could be an explanation for the flapping ??? Hopefully it's not something more serious. Maybe others will jump in to offer their thoughts too.

@spazy67 I've actually never seen a frazzle, but it sure sounds logical to me. Very pretty though! I also have a feeling you will be hearing some crowing very soon too.

What is the face at most times is a very light peach and there has been no flapping or chest buntung I sure hope not ya all alt least I k ow Spazy was a sweet hart to get her new friend

I don't like anything ya all are saying I am leaving bla bla la lol no thanks just my luck .anyrone in Claremore ok with a friZzle or silkie about this age

@spazy67 I've actually never seen a frazzle, but it sure sounds logical to me. Very pretty though! I also have a feeling you will be hearing some crowing very soon too.

Ok think I got a better picture of the color

she looks so peachy at times so I sure am hoping Spazy on the other hand had everyone convinced he was a boy for a long time but heck 7 mo and no eggs but she sure acts like a girl

Back
Top Bottom