Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

So are you saying someone crosaws a friZzle with a friZzle kinda a No No right anything else I should watch for
Unfortunately people do it. I had a pair of frazzled roosters once. We culled one young because of what I read on them. The second we let go. He got through his first winter okay but he started losing feathers the following Spring and was naked by fall. He was creepy looking. He grew his feathers back in the fall but than died the next winter for unknown reasons.

On the plus side I read if you breed a frazzled to a smooth you should get 100% frizzle offspring. That's what I read anyways.

Ok think I got a better picture of the color
she looks so peachy at times so I sure am hoping Spazy on the other hand had everyone convinced he was a boy for a long time but heck 7 mo and no eggs but she sure acts like a girl

well, if she is 7 months, then she could very well be a female! Your other post said 4-5 months. At 4-5 months, the redness would be more cockerel-ish.
smile.png

I have a year-old hen that hatched chicks on July 4th and hasn't laid since!
hmm.png

Unfortunately people do it. I had a pair of frazzled roosters once. We culled one young because of what I read on them. The second we let go. He got through his first winter okay but he started losing feathers the following Spring and was naked by fall. He was creepy looking. He grew his feathers back in the fall but than died the next winter for unknown reasons.

On the plus side I read if you breed a frazzled to a smooth you should get 100% frizzle offspring. That's what I read anyways.

She is sweet and by the face being so pink I am saying she ..it looks so red in a picture. but now the new issue is when time to go in for the night of course she won't perch because the wings are so so short I pick her up and try to put her down she starts flappig crazy and backing up its crazy I had her laying next to me and she was quite then started flapping and going backwards other the that just a doll I have her in a creat sideways in a big cage and covered up now to keep her secure. the coop just needs motion lights and some more security but why would she do that when you put her down flap and back up i dont wa.r her to sleep alone first two nights she slept next to my Spazy frizzle.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom