Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

My little one is feathering in nicely at 15 days. Feet feathers are amazing!

love.gif

I'm still getting mixed opinions if this bantam Cochin/ silkie mix is a pullet or cockerel....I feel like in the past two weeks there hasn't been much change which has me still having hope of it maybe being a pullet?!

Now at 10 weeks old

Two weeks ago at 8 weeks old

Last edited:
Hi all, I have 5 bantam cochin/silkie cross chicks. They are 8 weeks old now. For sure 2 are cockerels. They are crowing. The jury is out on the remaining three. One of the for sure cockerels were chasing two last night and kept grabbing them by the heads. It was pretty aggressive. Do you think they were fighting. The two victims were running for their lives. The two victims may be cockerels too. They are getting pink combs and waddles. I'm not sure if they were getting attached or the cockerel was trying to cover them. At what age do cockerels start covering hens? Is 8 weeks old too young?

Thank you.

8 weeks is a little early for a Cockrel to start "covering". I would say you have some pecking order disputes hopping for sure though and at minimum 2 Cockrells. Pictures would sure help us determine the amount of Cockrel

Back
Top Bottom