Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

WOW!!! I have just one little bantam cochin/silkie mix that is a house chicken..LOL! We moved a year and a half ago and could not take our 6 backyard girls we had...all bantam cochins
sad.png
thank goodness I had friends to rehome them to, so I still get to see them and pics
love.gif
We just bought our house 3 months ago so totally excited to get our coop up and ready for hatching some bantam cochins in the spring!
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
Just have to wait for it to stop snowing
roll.png
When you are ready for your eggs just let me know as my girls have started back up laying. I am hatching a few due Sunday and have more in the incubator due the 16th, and just set lots yesterday. As I bought some silkie eggs and decided to gather some more of my bantam cochin eggs to go with them.

When you are ready for your eggs just let me know as my girls have started back up laying. I am hatching a few due Sunday and have more in the incubator due the 16th, and just set lots yesterday. As I bought some silkie eggs and decided to gather some more of my bantam cochin eggs to go with them.

THANK YOU so much!!!! I definitely will
smile.png
I am thinking that I may be ready for some eggs in march
big_smile.png
We have to level the area in the yard where we want the coop and it won't stop snowing!!!! I love snow...but it's stopping my project..LOL!!!! The march batch will be hatched at ny house...and then I would really like to get another batch in April to hatch with my classroom
love.gif
that should give me a GREAT start on my backyard flock...I miss having them! Thank goodness for my indoor girl Peep
love.gif

Just hatched out 21, of my Bantam Cochin eggs, 3 more are Pipping. This is my small batch of bantam cochin eggs from my flock I set. Next batch has has 34 eggs set to hatch out next Monday the 16th that is my medium batch of my bantam Cochin eggs I set and they are looking good. Last batch I just set along with 17 Silkie eggs I bought, I set 43 of my Bantam Cochin eggs, Jan 6th 3 days ago. So my Boys and girls are doing their job. Very happy with them!

Just hatched out 21, of my Bantam Cochin eggs, 3 more are Pipping. This is my small batch of bantam cochin eggs from my flock I set. Next batch has has 34 eggs set to hatch out next Monday the 16th that is my medium batch of my bantam Cochin eggs I set and they are looking good. Last batch I just set along with 17 Silkie eggs I bought, I set 43 of my Bantam Cochin eggs, Jan 6th 3 days ago. So my Boys and girls are doing their job. Very happy with them!

Awesome! Post some pics please!!

I just set Seramas and bantam cochins last Friday also! Purchased the seramas, but the cochins are from my girls. And I got 2 new layers over the weekend! (yes, I added those eggs to the incubator on Saturday lol!)

Awesome! Post some pics please!!

I just set Seramas and bantam cochins last Friday also! Purchased the seramas, but the cochins are from my girls. And I got 2 new layers over the weekend! (yes, I added those eggs to the incubator on Saturday lol!)
Alright! And of course you added the eggs to the incubator, that has always been my thoughts.

I will post below I just took pictures hard to get on darker days and with light with them.

ya.gif
Lots of little balls of fluff!!! They look very fat and healthy, and a beautiful color assortment. Congrats!

Is the silver-ish one blue or lavender? And what color will the chipmunk ones be? And do I see a couple of splash in there?

ya.gif
Lots of little balls of fluff!!! They look very fat and healthy, and a beautiful color assortment. Congrats!

Is the silver-ish one blue or lavender? And what color will the chipmunk ones be? And do I see a couple of splash in there?
Silver-ish one should Silver Penciled, there are blues and splashes, Mottled blues, Wheaten Columbians,, some Millie/Calico and Isabella which has the Lavender. Chipmunks should be Millie and lighter Chipmunk ones will be Silver Penciled. I will take pictures as they grow. Lots more of the same coming in the next two batches.

Silver-ish one should Silver Penciled, there are blues and splashes, Mottled blues, Wheaten Columbians,, some Millie/Calico and Isabella which has the Lavender. Chipmunks should be Millie and lighter Chipmunk ones will be Silver Penciled. I will take pictures as they grow. Lots more of the same coming in the next two batches.

Awesome!

So maybe you can tell me... what's the main difference in mille and calico?

I have a soft spot for lavenders too, and have considered lavender cochins, but I already have lav orps (and "had" self-blue OEGBs) I might just have to try some Isabels though

Back
Top Bottom