Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

I have always had a silkie hen that was broody and would raise the chicks. With trying for sizzle chicks, the silkie isn't broody now so I invested in a small incubator. It is Janoel 12. From the utube video my husband found, you increase the water level in the base to increase the humidity. I can not determine the exact humidity - only the temperature.

I have always had a silkie hen that was broody and would raise the chicks. With trying for sizzle chicks, the silkie isn't broody now so I invested in a small incubator. It is Janoel 12. From the utube video my husband found, you increase the water level in the base to increase the humidity. I can not determine the exact humidity - only the temperature.

Ah, I see. I'd love to know how well it does for you. I've seen them, but not seen many reviews on them.

You can also pick up a hygrometer fairly cheaply. I would even suggest another thermometer too, because units can be off from the factory. Calibrated/verified meters can save lots of headaches!
smile.png

a49a71cbd2e05267bf728710aa472d22.jpg

31YwlCzcWrL._SY355_.jpg

90113-1-1d.jpg

Does anyone here have a pair or trip of either Mille Fleur or Buff Barred? I'm 2915 I lost a good number of my birds and few were my all time favorites so I decided to take a break and sold my entire flock. Now I regret it and I'm looking for just a pair or trip of each variety to start yet again. If anyone is selling any of either variety can the please pm me? Or if they know of someone who has some available? Thankyou

Hooray! I've got 42 cochin, frizzle cochin, and silkie eggs in my incubator right now
big_smile.png
I haven't candled yet, but the temp and humidity have been fine so far! They are on day 6. I am hoping for some frizzle hens to replace the one that died and the one I had to sell.

I've put a few eggs in my new incubator. How long should you wait to candle them?

Good luck on your hatches!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I am looking forward to hatching in a few months....but following and pics are holding me over until I am ready..LOL!

Had a decent hatch of my cochins last weekend. Shipped seramas not so great. But look at these cuties! Sold all but 2 of the cochins. Many looked to be frizzles. Now I have 8 more in one incubator on day 10, and 10 more in another incubator on day 2. :weee

Back
Top Bottom