Cochin Thread!!!

Hot off the presses!! I just posted the Entry Form and Premium List on the CI website for the Cochins International 2012 Eastern National Meet.
The meet this year is hosted by the Maryland State Poultry Fanciers Association, and will be held November 3rd and 4th in Frederick, Maryland.

More details are on the CI website: www.CochinsInt.com

Mark your Calendars!!!

Hope ya'll dont mind. I got some new pictures last week of my blues.
You know I love them! -
wink.png
wink.png

Stacy H.

tkay6205 those are beautiful blues! I love the blue mottled. personal preference. :) The picture of that blue rooster is awesome. I think it may be because it was taken in the shade but with plenty of light around that the colors are so rich.

ps: I am not an expert on quality yet but I am learning. They are beautiful!

Last edited:

Here are 3 of my blue girls

2 pullets I hatched this spring

One of my blue roos

Couple of blue hens

Love the fluffy butts

Blue mottled pullet

Your blues have very nice color, rich leaden blue with fine lacing. That cock bird is especially nice and is a very good example of the proper color of andalusian blue. The type looks good as well you have a good set of blues and blue mottleds, keep up the good work.

Bo

Here are 3 of my blue girls

2 pullets I hatched this spring

One of my blue roos

Couple of blue hens

Love the fluffy butts

Blue mottled pullet

I still stand by my earlier statement that these are some of the best Blues I have seen in a long time. Very nice birds.

~Casey

10 day olds in their new make shift brooder for the night. Getting ready for bed.

Gonna get a real brooder set up for them tomorrow.

Night Night

ps I had wool mittens on top of them too but they got too hot.

Last edited:
I asked earlier and no one answered so I'd like to try again.

Is anyone other than Danny working on a chocolate bantam Cochin project? Anyone using chocolate Orps?

Anyone know if my Orps can safely breed my Cochins without killing them? I mean, they are supposed to be bantams, but at nearly 6-7lbs and 18" tall... Not exactly bantam sized. As far as I know someone else is allowing their Orp over their MFC girls, but her rooster does not seem as big as my cockerels. I do not want to AI unless I absolutely have to but I don't want to jeopardize my girls' safety either. They may not be $50-100 show birds but it was not easy getting the two girls I have, so they are priceless to me at this point.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom