Cochin Thread!!!

He does! I have heard people say use chicken jail but I thought they were nuts! Made a believer out of me!!!
If he regresses and continues to be aggressive, next stop, freezer camp. I hope that isn't the case because he has always been one of my favorites, even when I thought he was a pullet. :)

People who say chickens are dumb are the ones who really are! Chickens are not dumb they are simple, my great grandmother tells me this quite often and since she is 86 and raised chickens as well as her mother I believe her over anyone. If you watch a chicken for just a few minutes you can see the intelligence in them, they thinkbefore they do anything and its hilarious to watch them think! The Secret Life of Chickens is a great documentary from the UK you can watch it on youtube for free and you can see how easy it is to train a chicken.

People who say chickens are dumb are the ones who really are! Chickens are not dumb they are simple, my great grandmother tells me this quite often and since she is 86 and raised chickens as well as her mother I believe her over anyone. If you watch a chicken for just a few minutes you can see the intelligence in them, they thinkbefore they do anything and its hilarious to watch them think! The Secret Life of Chickens is a great documentary from the UK you can watch it on youtube for free and you can see how easy it is to train a chicken.
I agree..chickens are NOT dumb!! It is hilarious to watch them when they are checking something new out or figuring out how to accomplish something! I have a Bantam Cochin that is just like a puppy! She knows her routine, comes when you call out to her, loves to sit on our laps and get some cuddles and rubs. She is adorable...with such a personality
love.gif
She is "house chicken" (although she spends the majority of her day outside) and will peck on the door when she wants in or out and evens runs outside to poop!!! Crazy!!! I am going to check out the utube video for sure...thanks!

He does! I have heard people say use chicken jail but I thought they were nuts! Made a believer out of me!!!
If he regresses and continues to be aggressive, next stop, freezer camp. I hope that isn't the case because he has always been one of my favorites, even when I thought he was a pullet. :)

Freezer camp... It oh rooster you better behave!!!! Lol!

I'm gonna look it up and watch it. Sounds interesting! Thanks!

I agree..chickens are NOT dumb!! It is hilarious to watch them when they are checking something new out or figuring out how to accomplish something! I have a Bantam Cochin that is just like a puppy! She knows her routine, comes when you call out to her, loves to sit on our laps and get some cuddles and rubs. She is adorable...with such a personality:love  She is "house chicken" (although she spends the majority of her day outside) and will peck on the door when she wants in or out and evens runs outside to poop!!! Crazy!!! I am going to check out the utube video for sure...thanks!

I have a little buff cochin pullet about 7 weeks old. I think she is going to be a "lap chicken"
Your cochin sound adorable :)

You are correct! Thank you for the Youtube recommendation; I will check this out.

I am going to check out the video too!
There are days more often than not I'd rather just spend with the chickens! Sometimes I think they are significantly smarter than some people I know.

Back
Top Bottom