Cochin Thread!!!

I am going to check out the video too!
There are days more often than not I'd rather just spend with the chickens! Sometimes I think they are significantly smarter than some people I know.

When I am having bad days or feeling lonely my girls and guys are always there to cheer me up. My husband travels all week for work and sometimes it can get stressful and lonely they always know when I'm sad and make me feel better I recommend chicken therapy at least 15minutes a day lol

Last edited:
This little chick (yeah not little anymore) I suspected to be a cockerel with his early comb/waddle reddening, but his behavior is still not cockerel. Any guesses? He's about 9 weeks old. He's very laid back and calm.

I counted him as a cockerel since his comb and waddles were red by 4 weeks. Do they ever act like roosters? I know they can be docile roos but he is at the bottom of the pecking order. I love him and would love for him to be the rooster I keep. I have an Ameraucana cockerel the same age too. Is it at all possible that with Little Roo being so laid back that the two might get along?

I counted him as a cockerel since his comb and waddles were red by 4 weeks.  Do they ever act like roosters?  I know they can be docile roos but he is at the bottom of the pecking order.  I love him and would love for him to be the rooster I keep.  I have an Ameraucana cockerel the same age too.  Is it at all possible that with Little Roo being so laid back that the two might get along?

I have three roosters in my coop an LF cochin, a dutch bantam, and a bantam cochin. They all do well together but I do keep a close eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom