Cochin Thread!!!

I'm thinking Cinder might be a girl! She is 1 month now. I can usually tell sex by a month old, but she is harder to tell.
Momma and her went out for a dust bath today. :)

Oh...mommas and their babies are the best!!!! Adorable
love.gif

I'm thinking Cinder might be a girl! She is 1 month now. I can usually tell sex by a month old, but she is harder to tell.
Momma and her went out for a dust bath today. :)

Love the pics. Cinder sure does have a lot more feathers then Cole. I thought they shared a hatch day but I could be wrong. Cole hatched on the 13th. I am going to agree with your guess of pullet.

Okay Cinder is 4 weeks and like 1 day old. Yours still look really young, and no wattle development. Are these the ones that hatched the same day as Cinder and my silkies?

Cinder is a few days older. Cole will be 4 weeks in 2 days, so they are 3 days apart. Jewel's other 3 chicks are 5 and 6 days younger. They also are kind of muddy from rain today, they live out with the flock. Jewel and her chicks have their own dog house under the coop but they are in the same run and they free range with the rest of the flock about 3-4 hours each day. Jewel started taking them out when they were about 3 weeks old. I can post another pic in a few more days if you like but I do not think Cole will have as many feathers as Cinder.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom