Cochin Thread!!!

she's a bantam. The other two are my Cochins. It will be interesting to see what the baby chicks look like!! Im fascinated on the topic of genetics, however know NOTHING about it! After my boys get a bit bigger I'll do some more research . Great hobby, fun pets and soothing to watch them. They will be in our family for as long forever.
Just an FYI, your Mille Fleur is what is called a d'Uccle. Bantam refers to the general group of dwarfed poultry, there can be bantam Cochins, bantam Marans, bantam d'Uccle, etc. There are also bantam ducks.

Just an FYI, your Mille Fleur is what is called a d'Uccle. Bantam refers to the general group of dwarfed poultry, there can be bantam Cochins, bantam Marans, bantam d'Uccle, etc. There are also bantam ducks.
She's so tiny, the bantams I bought for her are as big already. One quite a bit bigger !! The rooster, I'm still not sure about the black frizzle/ frazzle cochin. I'll take some pictures maybe it's been long enough you guys could give me more input on her/ his gender?

I took some updated pictures of my 10 week old cochin bantams. I can clearly tell Billy my Lighter colored bantam is a cockerel. I'm pretty sure my black cochin Curly
is a cockerel as well. I'm hoping you guys may tell me different on him/her. Picture 1&2 is Chicken little. I already know she's a pullet and she's about a month older. She's my baby! So sweet! The other two are not as sweet as her especially Billy!! Curly is quiet and timid. Thank you in advance !!

Last edited:
I took some updated pictures of my 10 week old cochin bantams. I can clearly tell Billy my Lighter colored bantam is a cockerel. I'm pretty sure my black cochin Curly is a cockerel as well. I'm hoping you guys may tell me different on him/her. Picture 1&2 is Chicken little. I already know she's a pullet and she's about a month older. She's my baby! So sweet! The other two are not as sweet as her especially Billy!! Curly is quiet and timid. Thank you in advance !!
Very cute little girls.

I was checking on all my ladies and two Roos today. It's been raining, not much fee time
1f62b.png
1f62b.png
anyways I have posted pics of my cochin bantams and mille D'Uccle Fluer. I want her to go broody or hopes she does in spring . I was debating which Roo I would keep do to color and not washing Chicken Littles flowers away. I noticed the white markings on Billy
i was thinking this could be good for her. With him having white spots. I know NOTHING about genetics and breeding I'm a newbie. Who ever has experience or advise let me know if my thoughts are in the right direction. Thanks again! Picture 1 is my bantam the other two are my cockerel.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom