Cochin Thread!!!

Here's a few of my now 4 1/2 month olds. Omg i hope they are done growing!

Harley the boss

Elvis the 2nd in command (formerly Willy but didn't suit him and Elvis's blue suede shoes got him his handle)

They grow until 18 months old,mostly body mass after 12months. Very nice flock you have! Elvis is stunning!

They grow until 18 months old,mostly body mass after 12months. Very nice flock you have! Elvis is stunning!

Thank-you! I always thought he was goofy looking. I'm hoping he and Harley can continue to get along because I would love to have them both breed the girls and don't have the facilities to keep them separated permanently. So far so good but Elvis hasn't fully matured yet. The breeder I got these guys from sold off his parent stock and switched to breeding peacocks instead. So he had 6 chicks left that he just wanted gone. Got all 6 for 30 bucks which in canada is what you would pay for barnyard mix lol

Jamie Matt's is having an auction for a blue, black, or splash frizzle cockerel, and a smooth pullet of blue, black, or splash.
I could get them shipped at the same time as the other 2 I am getting but I'm wondering what you guys think I should do.. As long as the price of them doesn't go over $100, I'm ok with the price plus shipping. But I'm wondering if it'd be better to wait until next year and see what I am able to hatch out of Gary, my blue frizzle, or get some chicks from Jamie..
Edited cause I can't spell
1f602.png

Jamie Matt's is having an auction for a blue, black, or splash frizzle cockerel, and a smooth pullet of blue, black, or splash.
I could get them shipped at the same time as the other 2 I am getting but I'm wondering what you guys think I should do.. As long as the price of them doesn't go over $100, I'm ok with the price plus shipping. But I'm wondering if it'd be better to wait until next year and see what I am able to hatch out of Gary, my blue frizzle, or get some chicks from Jamie..
Edited cause I can't spell
1f602.png

Take my opinion with a grain of salt because I really know nothing lol! But i saw that pic of Gary you posted a while back and thought he was quite handsome.

Our amazing Cochin, miss America, is so tiny. I think she's the tiniest chicken I've ever seen. She's pigeon size
1f602.png
She's also our only egg layer so far and going through her second broody phase.

Good morning all. I just wanted to jump in here and share a couple pictures of our roo, Biggy.

He was the "bonus chick" in our spring order this year and is maturing into a handsome fella, and by my estimation a pretty decent flock roo. Whether or not he's a good example of a cochin, I don't know. I keep my birds for eggs and entertainment, but he's got a great temperament, and while I wasn't keen to add a roo anytime soon, he's been a pleasant addition to the flock and a tremendous first rooster to learn with.

Good morning all. I just wanted to jump in here and share a couple pictures of our roo, Biggy.

He was the "bonus chick" in our spring order this year and is maturing into a handsome fella, and by my estimation a pretty decent flock roo. Whether or not he's a good example of a cochin, I don't know. I keep my birds for eggs and entertainment, but he's got a great temperament, and while I wasn't keen to add a roo anytime soon, he's been a pleasant addition to the flock and a tremendous first rooster to learn with.

Not a bad looking boy, IMO. I am still learning on the Cochins but I think his "cushion" could be fluffier but otherwise he is a good looking guy. Cochins tend to have a pretty laid back personality. Good if you have kids around and such.

he's very handsome. is he a standard?

Back
Top Bottom