Cockroaches

Looking for some advice from fellow southern folk. How are you all controlling those large cockroaches, often referred to as water bugs? You know the ones that are big enough to each your leg?...
By you calling them LARGE cockroaches I can only assume you are speaking of palmetto bugs. A big old black husky cockroach looking fellow 'bout' 1.5 inches or more long that you will usually find hiding under boards and buckets etc. You forgot to inform us good old Southern boys were you hale from, but I suspect that it isn't from 'round' these parts. A water bug has to stretch the truth to get to more than about 1/2 to 5/8 of an inch

This Old Southern Boy takes care of palmetto bugs in this fashion. I likes to first imprison them palmetto bugs in a live cricket bucket for a spell, not long enough to reform them but just long enough to get them to the bayou. Then I employ a cane pole, a fishing line, and a #10 hook with a semi reformed palmetto bug on it to lure a big mess o "shell crackers" into a pan of hot hog grease. Don't forget the hushpuppies and sweet iced tea now, you hear?. You remember what them good old boys said about Rome don't you? You don't? OK here it is one more time, "When in Rome, Georgia do what the Romans do."
wink.png

Now back to the ball game.

Back
Top Bottom