Color genetics thread.

Pics
Any idea what this guy is carrying? He is from Mille Fleur pen.

mille fleur is the following genotypes

brown eb/eb or wheaten eWh/eWh or wild type e+/e+, gold s+/s+ or s+/_, mottled mo/mo, columbian Co/Co

he appears to be light wheaten and not brown or wild type at the E locus

I'm happy to say that my question about white Chantecler color genetics crossed with Speckled Sussex was solved by chick leg color; at least one of the white chicks now has white legs! So the white chicks with yellow legs MUST be Chanteclers, not mixes. YES!!! Mary

I have several bantams and am interested what color possibilities would result from breeding them. My roos are a dark red frizzle, dark buff silkie, and a light blue cochin. My hens are a partridge silkie, a mille fleur cochin, and a white frizzle. I know *not* to breed frizzle to frizzle, so that pairing is obviously out. What about the other pairings?

I have several bantams and am interested what color possibilities would result from breeding them. My roos are a dark red frizzle, dark buff silkie, and a light blue cochin. My hens are a partridge silkie, a mille fleur cochin, and a white frizzle. I know *not* to breed frizzle to frizzle, so that pairing is obviously out. What about the other pairings?
Both the gene for Silkie feathering and the gene for the Mille Fleur mottling are recessive. The Blue will likely produce solid black or blue chicks with some red 'leakage'. The other two roosters will produce various shades of red with varying amounts of patterning.

Both the gene for Silkie feathering and the gene for the Mille Fleur mottling are recessive. The Blue will likely produce solid black or blue chicks with some red 'leakage'. The other two roosters will produce various shades of red with varying amounts of patterning.

Thank you! Can you tell me how the frizzle genes work? What are my chances of getting some frizzle chicks from either ?

ok so i have a standard blue cochin rooster.

and two gold laced sebright hens.

and i have two questions. 1. is it phisically possible for the cochin who could be weighed in pounds to breed with the sebrights who could be weighed in ounces. and if so what would i get out of that breeding both size wise and color wise?

Back
Top Bottom