Colorado

I bought nutrina.. It's all they had in medicated at big r.

B7FEA4D0-C473-4FBF-A880-C72272E0F68C-19762-0000054599AABD91_zps9a401a70.jpg

That's what I've been feeding my babies, and I haven't had any issues what so ever.

I bought nutrina.. It's all they had in medicated at big r.

B7FEA4D0-C473-4FBF-A880-C72272E0F68C-19762-0000054599AABD91_zps9a401a70.jpg

That is exactly what I had to buy - Sweeny's was just getting ready to mill more feed and I had to buy it that day, had several very busy days coming up, so I bought this. Today I am going to Sweeny's to buy theirs. The older pullets don't seem to be bothered by it, but the youngest do. I will try to compare ingredients labels and see if there's anything I can spot that might be problematic. Also going to start a new batch of homemade yogurt so they can have a little tomorrow.

Thanks, my wife says I go a bit overboard on things. the run on the right side is pretty much open air. Meaning it does not have a solid roof. It does have wire up there though. I had to keep those pesky hawks and owles out somehow.

Did you use hardware cloth across the top? The run we have the layers in has chain link across the top, which was expensive and very challenging to install, so I'd just as soon avoid that when I built the runs onto the shed.

Oh yeah - today we start painting - first will clean and prime the floor, then put first coat of paint on the exterior if I still have time and weather on my side. The thing that has to happen before all that is Bob has to trim down the second door, the frame in the wall was built too short, thought he had trimmed off enough but when he installed it he realized he needed a bit more off to install the sweep, so that will happen early today. Having done it once, and with me here to help where I can, hopefully it will go quickly.
fl.gif

Dnetschke , don't use the plastic version of wire on your run. It does not keep out predators.
Highs in the 50s up here and I guess all the water is running downhill! I have to use Gorilla Tape on my stuff!

Did you use hardware cloth across the top?  The run we have the layers in has chain link across the top, which was expensive and very challenging to install, so I'd just as soon avoid that when I built the runs onto the shed. 

Oh yeah - today we start painting - first will clean and prime the floor, then put first coat of paint on the exterior if I still have time and weather on my side.  The thing that has to happen before all that is Bob has to trim down the second door, the frame in the wall was built too short, thought he had trimmed off enough but when he installed it he realized he needed a bit more off to install the sweep, so that will happen early today.  Having done it once, and with me here to help where I can, hopefully it will go quickly.  :fl

We used hardware cloth to cover our 900sq ft. run, it was not easy to put up either. Cutting it sucks, it's heavy and not easy to pull tight. Once we were done I was exhausted.

Back
Top Bottom