Colorado

We got our first chicks on Saturday (4 weeks old), 1 BO, 1 Lorp, and 1 BR. They're settling in nicely, but the Lorp is kind of bossy. I'm working on getting them used to me and she won't let the other two eat from my hand. Is this normal? When they get close she flies at them to scatter them.

Here are a few pics of my pullet's wing -

https://www.backyardchickens.com/
content/type/61/id/5664713/width/200/
height/400

Hey Colorado folk. Im in Denver and a first time chick mama as of yesterday. However we got 2 sagittas and im wondering if anyone wants one to trade for a arucana or silkie? Please let me know! Thanks. I would prefer it be a chick so it fits in with our new ones :)

Run design question! Do you want the door to open in or out? I'm leaning toward out (like 55-45) simply because in is easier for a predator to get in, too?

My pop door opens out for the same predator reason, although i then added an auto door like a guillotine inside the coop at the pop door, with a trim piece that allows it to fall behind to keep raccoon fingers away! so far so good, no thefts overnight, and my run is not completely covered. I rarely close the pop door as my auto door does the job. My person door opens out as I did not want to open across shavings or be stuck out for any such reason!

Back
Top Bottom