Colorado

anyone know a good place for getting egg carton?

I LIVE CLOSE TO THE RECYCLE CENTER AND GET TONS FOR FREE I'M NOT SURE IF YOU'RE CLOSE TO ONE AROUND YOUR AREA BBUT IT DOESN'T HURT TO CHECK..
welcome-byc.gif
Hi! Not sure where you are but someone in the Castle Rock mod on Freecycle.org is giving away 90 of them.

I'm so happy!!! Our one and only roo crowed for his very first time today!!!! He's just shy of 11 months old, so it was a pretty delayed crow age. I haven't had a rooster crow in over 1 1/2 years. I love it!!!
wee.gif

Welcome to BYC jaylyne8!!
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

It must be nice to be able to grow things anymore Wendell
bow.gif
You obviously don't let your birds free range. This is but 1 of 12 former gardens here
he.gif
I thought they were supposed to just eat the bugs and worms, not every living thing in sight. Oh well, they won't eat jalapenos and that may be my favorite food. Needless to say they are sprouting up everywhere here. Note how the little fenced in areas of the 'garden' remain 6" higher than what's left.

Last edited:
I'm having a heck of a time with my intergration! My rooster is still brutal towards the younger batch. They've been in the coop with a divider for about 10 days now and still cant get along.

Moved my 4.5 week old chicks outside to the chick run yesterday; they didn't quite know what to think. My big girls (12 week olds) were very curious about them.

I put the big girls food cup on the chicks pen fence, and they were actually doing a little socializing today. I will try to integrate them when the chicks get bigger and have some size to them. They will learn that Maxine (my Barred Plymouth Rock) is the boss.

I haven't figured out who the boss is in the younger group yet.

Happy Sunday folks....back out to work on the big coop!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

It must be nice to be able to grow things anymore Wendell
bow.gif
You obviously don't let your birds free range. This is but 1 of 12 former gardens here
he.gif
I thought they were supposed to just eat the bugs and worms, not every living thing in sight. Oh well, they won't eat jalapenos and that may be my favorite food. Needless to say they are sprouting up everywhere here. Note how the little fenced in areas of the 'garden' remain 6" higher than what's left.
That's what most of my place looks like. Lots of dead trees and cactus.

So I spent some time going over the next phase of construction, which should also be the last phase. The breeding pens and the turkey pen. This will take 31 4x4 posts, 31 bags of cement, nearly 100 2x4s, and 500 fencing pickets. oh dear.....
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom