Colorado

Quote:
You call them and make an appointment to bring your birds in. They process on Saturday mornings. They'll ask you to arrive by 9am and drop off the birds in your cages (don't feed your birds the day before) and they'll be ready to pick up within a few hours. You pay when you pick up. ($3 per chicken)

When we go we drop off the birds and go over to the local cafe to eat breakfast while we wait. Our birds were ready by the time we were done with breakfast.

Thanks.

What is the best age to take in the extra roos for processing? Some have said 5 months, some say 8 weeks.... I am leaning toward the 5 month thing because they would be grown. Does this sound right? The whole thing is going to be really weird the first time.

Fellow Coloradoans,

I've got a broody BO hen and am thinking about putting some fertile eggs under her to hatch. Does anyone have or know where I could get some fertile eggs close to Denver (I-70 & Wadsworth), either for a batch of CX meaties or some heavy DPs that are good layers with a calm disposition, maybe with an EE or three in the mix?

BTW - How many eggs could I expect one hen to hatch out?

Thanks,

-DB

Last edited:
Quote:
Well I have lots of fertile EE eggs and even a few BOxEE crosses... but I'm in Grand Junction...
roll.png
I'm right off of I-70 though!
lol.png

Anyone have any Polish or Silkie eggs around here? I got some of both off the Crazy Egg Chain, but all but 2 of the silkies are scrambled and all of the Polish are. Sucks cause they're for my son's 4H project.

I could possibly throw in a few BR turkey eggs your way?

Hi, I have quite a few Black Orpingtons hatching tonight if anyone is interested. My hens are in with a Lavender rooster so good chance the chicks are split for Lavender.
email if interested. I am asking 5 each for the chicks. Also have a few Black Copper Marans left for 10.00 each and may have a few Light Sussex chicks too.
Thanks

Hi Stickers!

What line are they from? I might be interested in a couple. How are your Sussex coming? Any luck with the splits yet? Hope things are going well
smile.png

Quote:

I think we're about to get some rain in the Springs! Figures; we just put together our ourdoor pen for the little ones.
roll.png

They were having a blast out there too. All four chickies were in their new little pen while the big ladies foraged around. It got funny at points; everybody was curious about everyone else. Tiny and Scrambles (almost a year old EE hen) even had a standoff through the fencing. Scrambles gave the stinkeye and Tiny fluffed out his hackles. Scrambles backed down! Never would have figured that one. Tiny is as tall as she is but about a fourth the mass.

Oh, and I don't know if it was the change of scenery or the sudden presense of adult hens but Tiny started doing a dance.
lol.png
He kept hopping and then twirling and stomping his feet. That was a good two hours of entertainment.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom