Colorado

I just had an eppifany of sorts regarding Tiny. I called the Humane Society of Pikes Peak. I'm hoping they have a rooster-friendly policy. That would be perfect. Pay $5 and ensure Tiny goes to a home where someone has signed a no-stewing contract.
big_smile.png

Here's hoping... I had to call and leave a message for them to call me back on the Rooster Policy. I should be getting a call back in the next 20 minutes or so
fl.gif

**Dang. "Roosters have a high euthenasia rate" Oh, well. It was worth a shot.

Last edited:
Quote:

Hi, the Marans are from Bev Davis/Wade Jeanne, Light Sussex from Greenfire farms stock ( Flock is from 3 diff. breeders ) they are all supposed to be split for Coronation so far one of last weeks chicks appears to be Coronation and the Orps are HinkJC Lav rooster with Black Orp hens I bought from a very nice lady east of CO Springs. She said all her orp stock were purchased from backyard chickens breeders including Bamas. So far they have hatched 7 Lavenders as some of the hens were split for Lavender. The rest of the orps look black so far. They are very nice chicks I am so pleased with them and have lots to share!
p.s the Orp chicks are huge I would say as big as my wk old Marans.

Last edited:
Quote:
Why couldn't you be closer????? You're killing me! Well actually my DH would be killing me! I lucked out that he didn't shoot me when I came home with 4 more chicks from Murdoch's today. 2 are for my son's 4H, we decided to go with LF Cochins. the other 2 are olive eggers from a local hatchery. They were 2 for 1... he just smiled.

Quote:
Why couldn't you be closer????? You're killing me! Well actually my DH would be killing me! I lucked out that he didn't shoot me when I came home with 4 more chicks from Murdoch's today. 2 are for my son's 4H, we decided to go with LF Cochins. the other 2 are olive eggers from a local hatchery. They were 2 for 1... he just smiled.

Thats funny! Just tell him I had people drive out from Nebraska and Wyoming then it won't seem so far!

I just moved my 5 week old chickees out to the coop to make room in the brooder for the babies. They are happy now, after freaking out during the move. They did not want to leave the brooder!

barnie.gif
<--- they were like that

wee.gif
<--- now they are like that

I do have two 5 week old Easter Egger Cockerels for sale ($6 ea), and 4 straight run week old Easter Eggers ($15 for all). If you know anyone around Colorado Springs or Pueblo who want any please let them know I have some! I will also have some Black Copper Marans (Wade/Jeane C1 line with nicely feathered legs) hens and cockerels for sale in a few weeks when they are about 12 - 15 weeks old. Right now I am pretty sure which are the girls and which are the boys, but I would like to give it a little more time so I am certain.

HI Colorado!!!!
I am new to this list, My family and I live in Buena Vista at 8500 feet. We have raised chickens for over 20 years here. I absolutely love FRESH EGGS!! and of course butchering our own for meat too. I would love to hear from others in Colorado. I am also looking to buy a couple of roosters for my 18 girls that I just got from a friend in Salida. They need a boyfriend or 2. My hens are RI and Partridge Rock crosses, and they are all brown egg layers which I love. So if anyone has a couple of extra roosters that they want to sell please let me know.
Right now we are starting off a bad spring with drought and high winds. Not a good way for Spring to start here, we need moisture now..
:Djavascript:insert_text('
big_smile.png
',%20'');

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
from Arvada! BV's a great town! Sorry I can't help with the roos (or the wind or the (lack of) rain!). But let me know if there's anything else you need!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom