Colorado

Quote:

Hi, the Marans are from Bev Davis/Wade Jeanne, Light Sussex from Greenfire farms stock ( Flock is from 3 diff. breeders ) they are all supposed to be split for Coronation so far one of last weeks chicks appears to be Coronation and the Orps are HinkJC Lav rooster with Black Orp hens I bought from a very nice lady east of CO Springs. She said all her orp stock were purchased from backyard chickens breeders including Bamas. So far they have hatched 7 Lavenders as some of the hens were split for Lavender. The rest of the orps look black so far. They are very nice chicks I am so pleased with them and have lots to share!
p.s the Orp chicks are huge I would say as big as my wk old Marans.

I don't check this thread as often as I should. stickers Black Orpingtons were from me. I have chicks listed currently on craiglist for the Lavender/Black/Split Black pen.

Cute little Lavender babies. Hi joeyg4583. How's your Blue Orps doing?

Last edited:
Hi all- we have some chicks available to locals--
-- couple splash copper marans/bantam cochin crosses that look to be growing up blue; one about 2 wks old, other nearly a month; $3 ea
--2 silkie chicks just hatched 4/16/11, pet qual as each has a 4 toe foot, pure buff or buff/lav; $4 ea
--pure bantam cochin cockerel $3; not yet crowing Chick pics @ http://s651.photobucket.com/albums/uu231/prairielover/Chickens/For%20Sale/

Parents
to all the chicks can be viewed on My Page & some parent stock below
best to email rather than PM

17059_teegan_111510.jpg
Lavendar roo
17059_dsc05310.jpg
Maran hen
17059_boots_031211.jpg
bantam cochin roo

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicks for sale! All straight run. All hatched from our own hens' eggs (mostly thanks to JOE!!!). All pet quality. We're in rural Elizabeth (1 hr SE of Denver, 1.5 hrs NE of CS).

11-wks-old: 2 black australorp $5.00 each (currently living outside)

9-wks-old: 2 bantam eggers and a bantam blue silkie. Each $3.00. The blue-looks-black silkie sneezes. One of the bantam eggers is a rooster (we think ... because he keeps trying to crow several times a day). The other bantam egger has a crossed beak.

hatching now: 21 (two kinds: blue ameraucana roo/egger hens and egger roo/black australorp hens). Will have these next weekend. $3.00 each

another batch will hatch in 8-10 more days. same crosses as "hatching now". eggs were given to a kindergarten teacher to hatch for her class.

E-Mail me if you're interested. I'll be putting this up on Craigslist but ... first pick to BYC peeps.

Yes Corancher they are from you I was so happy to hatch out some Lavenders ( have to keep those for myself !) The girls are doing great. How is your Gold Laced project going?
Quote:
Hi, the Marans are from Bev Davis/Wade Jeanne, Light Sussex from Greenfire farms stock ( Flock is from 3 diff. breeders ) they are all supposed to be split for Coronation so far one of last weeks chicks appears to be Coronation and the Orps are HinkJC Lav rooster with Black Orp hens I bought from a very nice lady east of CO Springs. She said all her orp stock were purchased from backyard chickens breeders including Bamas. So far they have hatched 7 Lavenders as some of the hens were split for Lavender. The rest of the orps look black so far. They are very nice chicks I am so pleased with them and have lots to share!

I don't check this thread as often as I should. stickers Black Orpingtons were from me. I have chicks listed currently on craiglist for the Lavender/Black/Split Black pen.

Cute little Lavender babies. Hi joeyg4583. How's your Blue Orps doing?

Hi joeyg, I just noticed you are also from Brighton! I think we chatted a while back . You have the Blue Orps right? Hope they are doing well for you. If you are refering to the Sussex splits they are doing very well. Looks like I just hatched a couple of Coronations out of them.
Quote:

Quote:
I have this intense dis-trust of our Colorado predators. I can't imagine having my chickens free-ranging where I live and honestly, i don't see much wild life where I live, despite being in the country. I hope your chicks do well- no reason to think they won't but I hope and pray they don't get eaten! It's amazing how loving we can become to these birds.

stickers

I have been hatching like crazy from the Lavender/Black Orpington pen, however it gives me a lot of extra Black Orp chicks. Of course everyone wants the Lavender chicks and so do I.
hmm.png

Golden Laced Project, Lemon Blue Project, & Birchen Project Orpingtons are all coming along. Of course all pens are laying like crazy so I have all these eggs and only so much incubator space. In addition my English Orps have started to lay. It kills me to think about eating any of these eggs, however it has come to that. I have started to sell the Golden Laced eggs so if anyone is interested let me know.

I also have all kinds of chicks, a few goslings and ducks available if there is any interest please PM me.

We also have Great Pyrenees puppies available
http://www.puppyfind.com/view_listi...ubmit%3D1%26str%3Dgreat%2Bpyrenees%26page%3D1

Last edited:
Quote:
I would love to have more birds but I have to resist and stick with my three, for now. I like black orpingtons, though-- sorry I can't take any but I'm not that picky on the color of the bird but for some reason, i love the orpingtons in general. I'm keeping you in mind for when I'd like to add to my flock, if thats cool with you!

Back
Top Bottom