Colorado

My daughter's little tender heart is broken. One of her three quail made a break for it this evening. We can't find her. We've searched high and low. Can't fathom how she made it out of the run (within another run!!) there's no trace of her. So her heart is broken tonight.
hit.gif

sad.png
Aww Lia, poor girl. But I'm soo glad she found you and has a hopeful future now.

Godiva, you finally made it YAY!!! So what type of house did you all end up getting? We are going(having) to move here in the next several weeks up north(I would rather go south towards Fountain but...). We were planning on moving to my MIL's acreage and putting a house behind hers but it takes an act of God and alot of red tape. So then last week a realtor called her and said she had a client that was interested in buying the property. It's 47 acres approx a mile east of I-76 on Bromley Lane. And the house we're in now is on the market. We were hoping that the mortgage company that owns it would wait until the kids were out of school at the end of May but theyt want out from under all the properties they scooped up when everyone foreclosed. So were scrambling with a couple of options and no idea how much time. But we need to find a pet/chicken/duck friendly place that's not an arm and leg.

Quote:
Aw, thanks for the offer. We searched late into the evening last night, and I did a final look through the yard last night too. We even took the beagle out to see if her keen nose might pick up on her, but no luck. So Although I can order quail, I think I need to try to look around locally for some that I can purchase in a small 10 +/- group. Poor daughter is beside herself.

M so sorry for your dd. She sounds like I was when I was little. I was a mess when a pet would pass and my parents just couldn't understand it
roll.png

I did see an add on Craigs I think for some Mexican Spotted Quail or something like that. But I've seen a couple of posts recently. Good luck and
hugs.gif

Help!

I have a purebred blue ameraucana rooster (well, he's almost a year old) that is a bit too aggressive with his 6 girls. He needs to be with lots of girls so PLEASE please please someone come by to pick him up as soon as possible. He really is a purebred, and makes the prettiest babies. All his chicks should carry the blue-egg gene so cross him with almost any other breed and you'll make your own easter egger chickens. He's big and blue-gray and a very good protector and provider.

Rural Elizabeth. E-Mail with your phone number since my PM is full and I'll call you asap. First person to come out gets him!

Edited to Add: FREE to BYCers!

Last edited:
Melissa, don't give up on the quail yet. One of ours disappeared for 2 days and then we found him in the alley. Of course, being a boy we could hear him crow...

we looked again today without any luck. We're hoping that it has food and ater, but that if it doesn;t then maybe soon it'll be hungry enough that she'll make herself come out of wherever she's hiding. If she is hiding, she's found the most hidden spot ever...even the beagle can't find her. Hubby and I looked all over again after the kids went to bed. DD searched for her and drew some posters too. (Although she thinks she needs to draw them again, so she thinks she might do that tomorrow too) Poor kid, my heart aches for her own broken one.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom