Colorado

Hello! For future knowledge, I was wondering if anybody knows of any vets that see ducks in No CO? We were told by a local vet the only nearby one was CSU but I wanted to check for any recommendations.

Hello! For future knowledge, I was wondering if anybody knows of any vets that see ducks in No CO? We were told by a local vet the only nearby one was CSU but I wanted to check for any recommendations.
How far up north are you? I go to Broomfield Veterinary Hospital and see Dr. Miller for my chickens and peafowl - in fact, just saw her on Wednesday for one of my baby peacocks. I think they're reasonably priced but I thought it would be a ridiculous charge.

Not gaga over it but free is free. Picked up 14 cs of hummus. 2 pallets in the dumpster. Kills me that it's not being put to a better use.

Attachments

• 20170702_082059.jpg
    20170702_082059.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 2
I can help in design. I've had some visits by hawks to my chickens. However I had installed caging over the top to keep other animals out. This caging provide useful in protecting the chickens from the hawks. I have been looking at building a larger area for my chickens. One option I've found at Lowe's is bird netting. It is lightweight and can be used to cover the top. You may need to put up some posts and use wire to support the netting, but it should deter the magpies. Also take into consideration covering the sides too.

My birds free range when I'm home. The magpies fly in through the pop door to get the eggs. I need a solution short of keeping them confined to their coop and run. Why don't the owls raid their nests?

My pullets are starting to lay. Pullet eggs are so little and cute. I'm down to 7 (of 15) quail. I think I finally found where they were escaping. I feel bad for all the ones that got out because I know they were likely killed by cats. All my tuxedo colored ones are gone but I still have the male that carries the gene. I want to hatch more but they aren't laying now. I think they are stressed. All the needles on the lovely pine branches I added to their run are completely gone. I have to come up with something to put in the run that they can hide under that won't be blown away by the wind. I think I'll be going through the scrap wood to see what I can put together.

Got a decent shot of the EE cockerel I plan on keeping. His brother (in the background) will be coming to dinner. I just hope the keeper doesn't get lonely since right now he only gets to hang out with his brother.
IMG_1902.JPG
IMG_1905.JPG

Nelson. Rd vet clinic in Longmont does fowl.
Thank you so much! We will check them out.

How far up north are you? I go to Broomfield Veterinary Hospital...
Near Brighton. Thanks for the suggestion! Having a variety of vets is nice; I was worried we may be stuck with only one option. Not that CSU is bad, but it's nice to be able to find a vet that really "clicks" with you.

Back
Top Bottom