Colorado

Quote:
Yeah, that's just down the road from me! I have the trailer dealership just up from you 3 miles N of Pinon. We live here too, and there's plenty of room for chickens, so we've finally made the plunge. Loving every minute of it.

So I am making bread tonight (loads and loads of bread) and I looked at the duck eggs I get from Wifezilla. I noticed the tell tale bull eye that means fertile and it made me think of all the store bought eggs I have ever used. I think just about all of them had that same bulls eye. Makes me laugh, and I have to wonder how many people are eating fertile store bought eggs....
lau.gif
I will snicker EVERY TIME I see someone eat a store bought egg from now on.

Quote:
Yeah, that's just down the road from me! I have the trailer dealership just up from you 3 miles N of Pinon. We live here too, and there's plenty of room for chickens, so we've finally made the plunge. Loving every minute of it.

Cool!
wee.gif
I drove past there on Friday. When did the Pinon gas station close? They were always very high priced, but it had been a while since I drove to Pueblo.

We are still getting set up for chickens. We had them all the time (BR) until I got out of High school. Yesterday I worked on two small chicken houses. When finished, we will have 4 brood /Isolation houses with pens, two larger growout pens with larger houses, and a 10 X 12 hen house. All tis enclosed in a 3000 square foot fenced run. The whole set-up will be over 4000 square feet all together. We are starting to call it the "chicken compound". We plan on getting the chickens next spring, and will be raising and breeding Dominique's. We'll probably only keep 20 or so hens over the winter.

UPDATE- We found him a home! Thanks!!

Hi- We also have a BLRW rooster that we need to rehome. Would anyone like him? He is very pretty and has been a fun guy to have but we can't have a rooster. He is nine weeks old today. We would be happy to deliver him within a few miles from Broomfield. Thanks!

Here's a pic-
85328_fritata_3.jpg

And here's another one showing the body coloring-
85328_fritata_2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
We're in Midway, 3 miles west of the Raceway/

I have been meaning to say hello to WSmith, and now I can combine that with a big HELLO! to Garlinto also!

I live south of Fountain pretty much due east of the raceway. It's good to virtually meet you folks!

Back
Top Bottom