Colorado

Ok I just went and looked at the pics again
big_smile.png
His coloring is really pretty.
The one that they're laying on the kitchen floor really shows how pretty he is. And of course we can't leave out Chloe
love.gif
she's also a beauty to say the least
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanx Cara! Tucker's Dad is a red Standard Poodle with the parti-color gene, so that's where his parti-coloring comes from! It was one of the things that attracted me to him.

Quote:
Thanx Cara! Tucker's Dad is a red Standard Poodle with the parti-color gene, so that's where his parti-coloring comes from! It was one of the things that attracted me to him.

I know its not the same thing but we have a spoodle (spaniel x poodle, commonly known here in the US as a cockapoo but I hate that name) and my dog is awesome. Such a cutie, well-behaved and loving. I love poodle mixes!!!

Happy New Year to all! Just got my 1st olive egg from my Cuckoo Olive Egger yesterday, so excited! Cute dogs by the way.

Last edited:
Guys, Colorado has not had snow in a few days...weeks even? Its brown and white and nothing in between-- so lets brighten this place up. Any gardeners out there? Anything flowering??

Here's something to brighten the day-- its a hibiscus in our solarium named 'Creole Lady' and the name could not fit better... fiery!!!

IMG0023-M.jpg

and

Some orchids are beginning to bloom...

IMG0053-M.jpg

And here is a species phal orchid... smells like a tea rose...

1202812620_pptxL-M.jpg

Hope this brightened up your day!!!

And for parting thoughts, here is Cora, who shortly after this shot enjoyed a pile of mealworm beetles! She ate without hesitation...it was actually a little gross to watch.

IMG0207-M.jpg

The ducks I offered a few pages back now have a home with MrsE.

I am looking for a new Welsh Harlequin drake, so if anybody has one not related to Tweak (that boy sure got around!!!) please send me a PM. I prefer a Holderread's or equivalent quality bird.

Someone else might have posted this info already, I only looked back a few pages, but for those of us in Douglas County that aren't zoned for chickens, they are proposing zoning changes to make 4 hens OK for any residence! Here is the info, in case you might want to go to the planning commission hearing. I plan to - I don't want my girls to be outlaws any longer!
smile.png

Request for Review:
Proposed amendments to the Douglas County Zoning Resolution (DCZR)

Section 24, Animals
Section 36, Definitions

Once comments have been received and reviewed, the proposed revisions will be modified as appropriate and a formal recommendation will be prepared for the Planning Commission. The public hearing before the Planning Commission is tentatively scheduled for March 26, 2012, at 7:00 p.m. and the public hearing before the Board of County Commissioners is tentatively scheduled for April 24, 2012, at 2:30 p.m. Notice will be provided in the newspaper 14 days prior to the hearings. A public workshop to review the proposed revisions is scheduled for February 1, 2012, at 4:00p.m. in the Community Planning and Sustainable Development Offices, Suite 220, 100 Third Street, Castle Rock, CO 80104. Please contact me at 303-660-7460 or [email protected] if you plan to attend the workshop.

Synopsis of Proposed Amendments:
The full text of the proposed amendments can be obtained by contacting this office, or by accessing the Douglas County website at:
http://www.douglas.co.us/planning/Whats_New_-_Hot_Topics.html

The proposal is summarized as follows:

· The revision includes changing sections of the DCZR to allow female chickens to be kept as household pets by the occupant of a residential unit and to clarify that pot-bellied pigs are already allowed to be kept as household pets.

Back
Top Bottom