Colorado

For us, all but 2 dom roos and 1 EE roo will get processed. The girls will be evaluated and only the best will "make the cut" All others get processed. We're looking at keeping up to 25 over next winter.

For us, all but 2 dom roos and 1 EE roo will get processed. The girls will be evaluated and only the best will "make the cut" All others get processed. We're looking at keeping up to 25 over next winter.

We too plan to keep about 25 hens and 3 roos. The rest will be either sold or processed. I must wait until the DW makes her decision on the "Rarest of the Rare" birds first! I will place 9 hens with our adult leghorns and I have space for 27 in my A-frame coops.

pop.gif

We went on a trip to Key West recently. On my bucket list was seeing Key West chickens. The boat pulled to the dock & I hear roosters crowing, on the wharf!!! HOw neat! We saw several roos & hens with chicks. I asked the driver of the moped rental shop, what do people think of the chickens? He said its fairly strong feelings either way. Some love em, some hate em. He said he was more in favor of the chickens when finding out the scorpions are highly predated upon by the chickens. YAY!! Go chickens!

Hello all! I hope your spring chicks are hatching and doing well!

This year, we decided to focus on the fainting goats instead of raising another brood of chicks.

If you're looking for a fainter, we've got lots of babies ready to go to new homes!

Here's the craigslist link, but feel free to e-mail or pm me if you're interested.
http://denver.craigslist.org/grd/2939834824.html

We're in Parker right off of 470 and Parker Rd.

Andrew

So, I finally got my babies (chicks) outside in the coop and what does it do around here?!?!?! Freeze and snow!

I've been out there every hour for the last two days, I'm worn out. Two heat lamps still didn't keep the temps up to where I would have liked, but they made it through just fine. Today, balmy 60+

Colorado weather! Sheesh! I never really worried about it before.

What's happening to me?!?!?! I'm becoming a crazy homesteading mama brooding over all her babies! I wasn't even like this with my first human baby!

So, I finally got my babies (chicks) outside in the coop and what does it do around here?!?!?! Freeze and snow!

I've been out there every hour for the last two days, I'm worn out. Two heat lamps still didn't keep the temps up to where I would have liked, but they made it through just fine. Today, balmy 60+

What's happening to me?!?!?! I'm becoming a crazy homesteading mama brooding over all her babies! I wasn't even like this with my first human baby!

I have been doing the same thing!!! I just put my 36 chicks out a week and a half ago!!
My chicks are in their 6th week and have most of their feathers though...so they should be ok. I do have a heat lamp in each coop.

Joe

My packing peanut crash test dummies in the coop are 10 weeks old and I was doing the same. I "knew" they'd be ok with the heat lamp, but that didn't keep me from worrying like crazy. :)

Hello all! I hope your spring chicks are hatching and doing well!

This year, we decided to focus on the fainting goats instead of raising another brood of chicks.

If you're looking for a fainter, we've got lots of babies ready to go to new homes!

Here's the craigslist link, but feel free to e-mail or pm me if you're interested.
http://denver.craigslist.org/grd/2939834824.html

We're in Parker right off of 470 and Parker Rd.

Andrew

I love fainting goats, they are so cute! Your babies are no exception and I would totally take some off your hands if we were ready. We don't have our pasture fenced in yet. :(

Back
Top Bottom