Colorado

Pics
I live in the city, any suggestions on coops? Thought this would be easy, haha now my wife has relized that she has always wnted chickens and the coop thing is crazy. What should I look for? I know nesting boxes, roosting pool, question is more too size and comfort to clean ect. I would like to have between 5-7 buy the way for my daughter to help raise not to eat. Pets that feed us sound great. Plus they just sound fun thanks alot. I am deploy right now trying to get all the info together so when I get home I can dive right in you know. Thanks:D

GWFamily, Are you handy? I know you said that you were just about to deploy, so I'm guessing you're going to gone for awhile. Depending on your comfort with building, there are several folks who have plans available online. Some are free, some are for purchase. I'm trying to remember exactly where I found them, but some state or county extension office (through a university) had great plans online for free. They were bigger than I wanted, but they were great to look at. I'll see if I can find it. Otherwise, you could check out playhouses (which is what I used) and modify it. Or, we also thought about using what I call a shed-let. We were at Lowe's and they were selling off the little partial sheds that are outside as demos. Truth be told, it was the company that makes the sheds, not Lowes doing the selling, but we got a 1/2 shed for a reasonable price. I'd thought about it for the chickens, but decided that I wanted it for a gardening shed.

There are also folks listing on craigslist who make and sell coops. There's one in Longmont that does a very nice looking coop, but it's like $600. I know how to use tools and I had the time, so I didn't go that route. I've never checked the Springs craigslist for coops. You might look there. Type in a search for chicken.

If I find the plans, I'll post a link. cloudlet

I am gone right now. But I want to ready when I get back nexted year. I looking for cost effective because I have one little girl and a son coming in march. Does anyone have pics of there coops? I have seen some wild ones. Thanks for all your help.
roll.png

Hi everyone I'm located in Falcon which is 15 minutes East of Colorado Springs here is my list that I have if anyone is interested and if you want to get on my waiting list for eggs or chicks let me know:

I will have baby chicks available starting Feb 2nd I will have pure Ameraucanas (blue egg layers) $2.00 each

Ameraucanas (hatchery stock that lay very blue eggs) crossed with a Black Copper Marans Roo to get very dark Olive Green eggs $3.00 each

I will also have pure Cuckoo & Black Marans chicks from non hatchery stock $6.00 each

My eggs are pictured below. If you would like an order please let me know what you want and how many chicks you want. Chicks will be sold as Straight run only!

I will have pure Black Copper Marans Chicks & Eggs in early Summer that lay very dark chocolate eggs from the best lines available. Put your name on the list now it's already getting long.

I also have Serama chicks that will be ready in Feb they are very small chickens very colorful.

I will also have Show quality Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Chicks & eggs in the Summer so get on our list for these beautiful birds!

I've added pictures of my birds the roo has a nice beard and muff but his girls love to pull it out.

Dec30_22081733.jpg

Dec30_22081798.jpg

100_0863.jpg

Last edited:
Howdy fellow Colorado neighbors!
I have a LOT of nursery pots for seed starting and container gardening for sale. Hope it's okay to post here but I just wanted to make these available to people in Colorado as the shipping for these is probably prohibitive. Anyway, as you can see by the pics I have everything from small 1x1 cells for seed starting to gallon pots and we have thousands of these things. Significant discounts for large quantity sales and BYC friends. WILL take poultry in trade! LOL!
kidstuff084.jpg

kidstuff080.jpg

Back
Top Bottom