Colorado

I would buy at least 10 chicks. If you loose 1-2 or end up with a roo, than you're right back where you started. Sell the extras and end up with free chicks. 10 is no more work than 4.
Oh. that is a slippery slope to start down PC. I followed that advice and now have 25 birds. I only wanted 12.
wink.png

That's chicken math for you. We started out wanting 4 and are now shooting for a total of 10 by this spring. Of course we are going to hatch a minimum of 36 eggs to get there. ;)

Needless to say we'll have chicks for sale lol!

Feeder Supply in FC will start having all of those in Feb. She might have some now but they are all classified as rare breeds and they typically don't hatch them in the winter. If you call and talk to Danielle, she'll get them in. I would get in on the early orders as I think the quality is better before the Easter rush. They are chicks from Privett and I've been happy with my birds. I would buy at least 10 chicks. If you loose 1-2 or end up with a roo, than you're right back where you started. Sell the extras and end up with free chicks. 10 is no more work than 4.
Thanks so much. This is what I was looking for. I will give them a call. Much appreciated.

Loving this warm weather, is 32 degrees right now, but feels like 40. Started off chores dressed in many layers, but had to take my jacket off, tooooo warm.

Looking forward to Sunday, will be an outside day, going to be close to 50! Can that be? Will see........

Girls are on strike, I was getting five eggs a day from the seven in my laying flock, then three, now getting two every other day..... sure hope they pick up again.

I have plenty of chickens, but find myself still checking Elizabeth Feed once or twice a week, to see if they have their spring chick schedule up! I really have that "crazy" chicken bug!

LOL, I know is terrible!! Did you ever end up with a breeding pair of heritage RIR from Greathorse? I was thinking I would buy some of eggs off you in the spring, as I would like to add them to my laying flock.

Cool on the NYD hatch a long! I wish I had a place for chicks, just don;t.

I wound up with pullets LOL I plan to get in touch with him sometime soon to ask if he has an extra cockerel he'll sell me. The keeper he had last spring was just gorgeous, hoping he has a number 2 he'll part with.

I'd love to see a chicken go after a grasshopper! Don't think I've ever seen a hopper up here ~ must not like 8500'. Any way anyone knows of to catch them from lower elevations and bring them up?

I'd love to see a chicken go after a grasshopper! Don't think I've ever seen a hopper up here ~ must not like 8500'.  Any way anyone knows of to catch them from lower elevations and bring them up?  

I have seen a few grasshoppers at 8200, not many, but one or two. They are fun to watch, when they realize the grasshoppers are good eating!!!!

Pozee, I bet he has at least one "extra" nice quality roo he would sell you.

Back
Top Bottom