Colorado

Here is a shot from someone else using a funnel to keep the birds off.

Thanks. Nice set-up, dog, coop.

The ee x ac grew out so pretty, I had a few blues, but most were solid black like Estella my Denver County Fair blue ribbon winning backyard class chicken and places 2nd best bird in show

And my ayam cemani pullet with my f6 clream legbar that didn'thave a crest but my line is still auto-sexing.. pullets look chipmunk markings and cockrels are silver. Crossed wwith my ayam cemani the babies were still autosexing with the cockrels showing lack of fibro saturation (not pure black, didn't have black skin, but the girls do!)

my cx broiler meaties from mt healthy a couple days ago. I have 20 more still waddling around, but my fridge and freezer are full now.

these are the mystery breed heavy rroosters that mt healthy sent with my broiler order, they are growing a little slower than the cornish x broilers, but still pretty fast growing.

Well we officially have a integrated flock, we removed all the dividers from the run and coop yesterday. Everyone is doing great, night time routine was a fairly quiet. One of our youngsters roosted with the three established flock in their side and all of our other girls ended up on there side. Overall integration went well and fairly easy. Also noticed my BF mom's birds yesterday were drinking out of the nipple waterer, so their open heated dog bowl was emptied and taken out of the run. Her birds have picked up the bucket feeder and horizontal nipples with no issues. Here are a few shots.

Last edited:
Came across this feel good story, while it might be a little cooky that they are keeping a chicken in an apartment, their heart is in the right place. It's a story of rescue, Marek's and survival.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

We got our first egg from one of our last two remaining meat birds. It is a pretty good sized egg. Especially for the first egg. Time will tell how large they get.

So, I got 6 eggs today, which is a lot more than I have been getting. However, 2 are kind of mystery eggs because I can't figure out who laid them - the 2 hens who could have laid them weren't in that pen today. I think the Sumatra my mom got me in the summer finally started laying, but that still leaves 1 egg. I wonder if peahens lay eggs this early in age.

I hope everyone is doing well & hasn't gone crazy from all the holiday stuff this month. If you have, here's a picture of a peacock on top of a tumbleweed to distract you for a minute.

(I have no idea what he was trying to do up there)

So, I got 6 eggs today, which is a lot more than I have been getting. However, 2 are kind of mystery eggs because I can't figure out who laid them - the 2 hens who could have laid them weren't in that pen today. I think the Sumatra my mom got me in the summer finally started laying, but that still leaves 1 egg. I wonder if peahens lay eggs this early in age.

I hope everyone is doing well & hasn't gone crazy from all the holiday stuff this month.

(I have no idea what he was trying to do up there)

:gig wonder if he thought he could tame that wild tumble weed!

Back
Top Bottom