Colorado

So, I got 6 eggs today, which is a lot more than I have been getting. However, 2 are kind of mystery eggs because I can't figure out who laid them - the 2 hens who could have laid them weren't in that pen today. I think the Sumatra my mom got me in the summer finally started laying, but that still leaves 1 egg. I wonder if peahens lay eggs this early in age.

I hope everyone is doing well & hasn't gone crazy from all the holiday stuff this month. If you have, here's a picture of a peacock on top of a tumbleweed to distract you for a minute.

(I have no idea what he was trying to do up there)

That tumbleweed is the base for a western snow man. He was trying to sit on the snowmans head.
I got my second hard shell from my meat birds last night. This one is smaller than the first, so i think they are both laying now. They are some big hens. Probably 12 pounds or so. Friendly girls and always talking. I may have to out a rooster in with them and see what hatches later this spring.
No wind here in Fountain yet. I am sure it is on its way though.

Im going to order turkey poults soon, there is a minimum of 25, so if anyone is interested in sharing an order pm me. I only want 6-8, so theres plenty. Perhaps we could meet halfway. Im in southern co but only 2.5 hours from denver.

Im leaning towards murray mcmurray to order. I want to place it by early january to improve the odds of breed and ship dates. I want bourbon red and slates, delivered in early spring. I would much rather share an order with byc folk than try to place extras locally.if anyone has had good luck with another hatchery im open to suggestions.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom