Colorado

Snowing lightly here. Temps right around 32, no wind to speak of. Doesn't look like it's going to amount to much... clouds aren't that thick. Supposed to get more on or about Tuesday. Wonder what ever became of the El Nino we were supposed to have this winter...

When will you request the turkeys to be shipped?

I want late april, early may. Depending on availability of course. I would prefer to have mild temps ( maybe lol) on their arrival. Perhaps it will improve the odds againt losing any. This will be my first time with them so im trying to be cautious. I welcome any insight or recommendations from those who have experience tho!

Today was a day. Memnoch seems to have gotten frostbite on his comb. No one else has any signs of it & it hasn't been freezing night temps all week, so I'm guessing that the humidity was too high in his little coop. I feel super bad about this! It doesn't look too bad, just discolouration on a couple of tips, but because of the snow, finals for my classes this week & sudden major back pain I haven't gotten his pen finished. I was able to set up a different sleeping situation for him & I'm hoping that'll do him better until his pen is finished. I was worried this might happen since he has a bigger comb than what I got experience with last winter. Hopefully, it's not ol bad.

Today was a day. Memnoch seems to have gotten frostbite on his comb. No one else has any signs of it & it hasn't been freezing night temps all week, so I'm guessing that the humidity was too high in his little coop. I feel super bad about this! It doesn't look too bad, just discolouration on a couple of tips, but because of the snow, finals for my classes this week & sudden major back pain I haven't gotten his pen finished. I was able to set up a different sleeping situation for him & I'm hoping that'll do him better until his pen is finished. I was worried this might happen since he has a bigger comb than what I got experience with last winter. Hopefully, it's not ol bad.
I have all pea comb birds for eggs and meat (Buff and Dark Cornish). But I used to raise Dorkings with huge combs, those big combs froze every year, both my cock birds lost all their points after that they never froze again.

Quote: Oh nothing like your own home grown birds, yummy. I think you will love the turkeys, they will follow you around like puppies when your out with them, some times the little poults after a few weeks will try to fly up on my shoulders, but I discourage that, having a 25lb tom trying to fly on your head is funny but not fun.

Back
Top Bottom