Colorado

I am going but SO has a manager meeting so he won't be. I've been told that unless it is something wildly unusual I cannot bring it home. Also I cannot bring home anything that is not a chicken. Period. Somebody has learned from every other trip we've taken and gotten very specific
roll.png
I wonder if I can convince him that they are really large and fluffy chickens and not turkeys?
big_smile.png
gig.gif

We had plans for this weekend (lots of coops to build) but Hubby sprained or strained something, similar to a hernia, and can't do anything for 6-8 weeks. Uh, anyone want to help me build some coops?

So we might decide to go up to the swap this weekend after all.

Unless someone wants to volunteer ... ...
fl.gif

Quote:
You could easily get away with that - just tell him they'er Turkens, AKA Transylvanian Naked Necks! Wildly unusual for sure! http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Turkens/BRKTurkens.html

Then
when they get a little too big you just say "whoops, must have made a mistake?!"
wink.png

OK, I really wouldn't want to be an enabler or anything, just sayin.

HA! He knows what the nakeds look like, I've been forbidden ever since we started this venture from getting naked necks or anything that looks like them (including silkies now) and runners because they look wierd all upright, and muscovies because they have that "ugly unsightly blemish and don't look like real ducks"
roll.png

Big R is soooo much better than Murdocks. I too lived in Ignacio for 10 yrs while I went to nursing school in Durango. Many year ago and have not been back there since. Does anyone have any RIR, RIW, WBR hatching eggs for sale?[/b] I check the sales on BYC and there is alot of what I call 'fancy' bird and all I need is a dozen to 18 of each breed to establish some breeding stock to get sex linked reds. I need hearty, artic, prolific layer types and I have found the cross works good for me. Just PM me with any info on the eggs. Thanks all.

Well I finally butchered some ducks
big_smile.png
Bought someone else's excess drakes. Ended up only butchering one of hers and TJ, my old drake, got invited to dinner after I caught him beating up my hen Lexi. She is my very pretty Holderread's duck and the one who went broody last year. So he is a delicious soup right now
big_smile.png

It's getting time to clean out ponds and get those going again. Not looking forward to that. Seems that all the neighborhood leaves jumped in there.

Still waiting on quail. I have some coming from a local breeder and I ordered some from the feed store in Elizabeth. The boys are fighting so I can't wait much longer. The younger one is getting bald! LOL

Speaking of Lexi, I am trying to entice her to set a clutch. Got a nice little nest in fresh straw inside of a large dog house. Hopefully she will take the bait in a couple of days once that egg pile gets bigger
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Awesome Zilla!!!

Our daughter has asked for quail for her b'day this year. I think I created a monster...well a few monsters hahahahaha. Because my boys are trying to save for ducks. (so i am super interested in Lexi perhaps setting a clutch
big_smile.png
)

If I would stop blowing up incubator parts I would already have ducks
tongue.png

Now I blew out a fan. Easy to replace but still....grrrrr!

Back
Top Bottom