Colorado

Yep. And I got suckered in last year when a woman who lives in my subdivision promised me that they lay regularly. I bought 2 buff orpingtons, 2 white plymouth rock, and 1 delaware, for $25 each! I got 1 egg from the buffs COMBINED for 4 months, then sold them. The other 3 did slightly better but still ... sold them too.

No more ... either getting them as chicks or POL.

Quote:
Yep! Wanna go out and scream together! I am so angry I could spit I think!!!

YES! LET'S GO!
barnie.gif

Quote:
i tend to take my frustration out on inanimate objects (like the wall or the cupboard doors
big_smile.png
) less chance of bein thrown in jail that way

hugs.gif
sorry you have to take a hiatus from your project. I know how frustrating that can be. I've been trying to get hoop coops built but I keep having to put my money elsewhere and its just the poops. especially with an order of 25 chicks coming in april and 15 ducklings
smile.png
good luck on what you are keeping. what breed of goats do you have again?

Quote:
Yep! Wanna go out and scream together! I am so angry I could spit I think!!!

YES! LET'S GO!
barnie.gif

Sounds like a date!! Can't remember where you live but if it were close I would say let's go have a good couple of stiff drinks and drown the anger and frustration away. FYI I don't drink so to get to the point of wanting to drink is pretty bad!!!

Hope your situation gets better. Family really sucks sometimes!

Last edited:
Quote:
i tend to take my frustration out on inanimate objects (like the wall or the cupboard doors
big_smile.png
) less chance of bein thrown in jail that way

hugs.gif
sorry you have to take a hiatus from your project. I know how frustrating that can be. I've been trying to get hoop coops built but I keep having to put my money elsewhere and its just the poops. especially with an order of 25 chicks coming in april and 15 ducklings
smile.png
good luck on what you are keeping. what breed of goats do you have again?

========
We have mostly nigerian dwarf. Our 5 year old doe is very pregnant, probably with quadruplets again. She was mated with an Angora goat to make the new breed Nigora (milk and wool). We have her half-brother (a wether) and half-sister ... she was mated to a nubian/alpine cross and if it took, will kid prob in May. The only non-niggie we have is the new buck someone just gave us: he's 3/4 niggie 1/4 la mancha, is small and beautiful but missing one horn (got it stuck in a fence and tore clear from his skull. He's just now warming up to us, but still doesn't like his head touched.

We're really excited about the doe kidding: it's our first. We're working on the goat pen this weekend, with whatever supplies we already have.

CACKY: rural Elizabeth, about 1 hr SE of Denver, and about 45 minutes from the current Franktown wildfire! Cough cough. Any time you wanna come on out .. bring some daquiri mix or kahlua! Or heck, I'll settle for (almost) anybody coming over (no alcohol necessary) and chatting about chickies and goaties!!!

ALL: Thanks all for the thoughts ... I stayed up late last night, refigured chicken pens, counted money (actually, the lack thereof), and made plans. Starting next week, I gotta bust my heinie but I might just barely be able to squeak by.

IF I can get the neighbor's brats ... er, kids ... to stop "encouraging" their dog come over and scaring our chickens and goats! That thing is bigger than our goats and seriously ... we really need a fence.

Sigh.

Okay, gotta check on that chick that's dying. Has a big red thing hanging out of its vent: think it's a prolapsed uterus (?). Got lots of white stuff coming out in addition to regular poo. Bantam egger, only 5 weeks old. No way it can live so I have it inside with one that has a crossed beak and a just-fine silkie ... all same age.

Thanks again.

Morning everyone. Well, it looks like the odds are that my Light Brahma Chick, Tiny, is a roo.
hit.gif

We're going to give Tiny 2 more weeks to prove henliness but then we'll have to rehome. I don't want to risk irritating neighbors who so far have been very cool about the whole chicken thing. Figured I'd check here first if anyone is interested.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5988987#p5988987

Back
Top Bottom