Colorado

Quote:
Hiya Gail~
frow.gif
D.gif

The last of our snow up over our back hill is almost melted. We use the snow in our cooler, so we'll have to start buying blocks of ice from town this next week.
tongue.png

What is happening with your milles this season???
My mille eggs are piling up and I can't convince my girls to go broody yet so I'm drumming my fingers waiting for my hatching season to start, just about the time most everyone else, everywhere else, is already enjoying their babies!

Last edited:
I am going to be posting some birds for sale on craigslist and thought I would give the BYC crowd first crack...

#1: Trio of coturnix quail. 2 English White hens and 1 mostly white with brown roo. 1 hen (Lily) and the roo (Dwayne) are a few months old. The other hen (Cricket) is approx 3 years old and still laying like a champ. I am going to be concentrating on the jumbo browns so want to sell off the whites. Plus my brown roo and Dwayne DO NOT get along. $15 for the three. Must go together.

#2: Pair of production quality Welsh Harlequins. 1 year old silver drake (Token) and a 3 year old gold hen (Wendy) from Metzer hatchery. Wendy is a very consistent layer but has shown no signs of wanting to go broody. Token was the most "polite" of the three drakes I had. (I ate his brother because he was a jerk.) $20 for the pair. Must go together.

I'd love to Zilla! But I have my hand full with these four I have. Im afraid if I tried to sneak in some adult birds, hubby would keel right over. I could probably sneak in some more babies though
lau.gif

I forgot about your bag!! I still have to get that to you.

Last edited:
Bring that down and drop it on the porch in the next couple of days. Then you can grab some sweet potato slips. I have a few leftover. I will put them in some water on the table by the rocking chair
big_smile.png

Guess we're selling the house and moving closer to Denver. Hubby's father might need a home and it'll need to be near Denver for doc appts. Not a nice man but ... we'll see. Thinking about moving there anyway to be closer to my kid's doctors, therapies, hospital, and so forth.

So ... looking to put the house on the market towards the end of the year, and find something near Aurora, Centennial or Littleton. Two+ acres. Ok to have our goat herd and lots of chickens.

The kid absolutely does NOT want to move.

Conundrum.

big_smile.png

It's finally raining here. Of course, we just finished the sprinkler system yesterday, so it was a pretty good bet it would rain. In fact it's possible it just might continue to rain for the remainder of the summer.
I am trying to figure out exactly how to complete the front landscaping. The idea of a cottage garden sounds wonderful, but its roughly 500 degrees here in the summer so I don't know that will work in reality.
lol.png

sad.png

On a negative note, someone keeps flagging my eggs for sale ad on Craigslist. It has happened twice in three days and is very annoying. My eggs are listed at half the price of someone else's eggs in north Colo Springs. Makes me wonder if it's them. I should up my price and see, huh? Very odd someone is wasting their time flagging fresh eggs for sale ads, sheesh! A cut-throat business.
Speaking of which.....

This Saturday I am taking a bunch of young BCM Roo's for processing. This will be the first time I have ever had any chickens, uh, "done" .
I am keeping two, and I sold maybe 3 or 4, but I still have at least 10 roos too many. We will be taking them to Simla. It will be a learning experience.

I might have to be making the trip with some of my 2 month old Blue Marans Roos next.

Back
Top Bottom