Colorado

No extra eggs here. Stupid molting ducks! LOL

They look pathetic right now, but they will be all set for Winter
big_smile.png

hi. i'm in brighton bordering thonton anyone know the legality of keeping chickens in this region or if i could get some direction as to where i may find the city county or state ordinance that would be a great help thanks to all

Hey there! Welcome to BYC
welcome-byc.gif

There are others in the Brighton area, maybe they can help you out. Just give them time to log in and check messages. They own all kinds of critters so I think you are safe.

Last edited:
been awhile...been incredibly busy lately. Been sick too, that's going to be an ongoing thing for a little while. Been keeping busy with the ducklings and chickens. They're really good at keeping you grounded and not feeling sorry for yerself, lol.

really keeping busy with ceramics lately too. Made a buncha stuff.

kids getting ready for school this week too. we're starting thursday. We're going to try to follow along with the local school district's schhedule.
smile.png

garden is growing like mad. Got some kids from church to help me keep it weeded. that helps a lot.

and... that's it for an update from me!
smile.png

NoisyNora, how are the cayuga ducklings? i think I might have a pair!
smile.png

Zilla, I'll have to show you my girls, they're almost all over white! Can only see a fawn-ish color if fthe light is just right.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I have a pair of Cayuga hens!!!! Sadly "Tiny" our WH from Zilla is moving the Blackforest tomorrow. She is SO LOUD we have had complaints from the neighbors
sad.png

Hello fellow Coloradans. I just found this Colorado state thread. I just moved up to Eaton. Anyone here in this area raising chickens? I'd like to hear your experiences with the weather and predators out here.

Quote:
Welcome to BYC! Are you in the city limits of Brighton? Are you in Adams County? I would be happy to help you find the local ordinances, but need to know where you are. Do you live in a subdivision with a HOA or covenants?

Here's why I ask: In Colorado, if you are in the city limits the city rules will govern. If you are outside the city limits you are in "unincorporated _______ County" and the county regulations will govern. Usually the county rules will be controlled by what zoning you are in. For example, I live outside of any city in unincorporated Garfield County. Garfield County doesn't have ordinances. So then I have to look at my zoning. I am zoned ag/industrial. I am lucky. I can have as many chickens as I want! Each county has its own different zoning rules.

And keep in mind, whether you are in a city or not, if you live in a subdivision with covenants, those HOA rules/covenabts will govern. You can live in a town that allows 25 chickens, but if your subdivision says no chickens - you have to ask the HOA for a variance.

Hi Greasemonkey!
I'm up here in Brighton. Haven't even looked at the "codes, rules, and regs". We live on 47 acres on the east side of I76 on Bromley Ln so I assume
hide.gif
that I can have whatever I want. I've currently got chickens, ducks, and 2 piggies. My MIL has a goat that she's had for about 14 years. The people across Bromley have cows. Like Hogback asked, where bouts are you up here? And welcome to BYC and our CO thread
frow.gif

Cara

Back
Top Bottom