Colorado

Where are you located? I am on the Western Slope near Grand Junction. I was just about to list 9 Bantam Cochin and Chochin Silkie mix chicks on Craigs List. FREE.
Probably not what you are looking for but thought I would ask. Hatched them for a lady but her husband is having Health issues and will not be able to finish the coop
in time.

They hatched last month and are feathering out. Mostly Black ones but 2 are really pretty. Tried to take pics but not great ones. I will get the pictures posted for you if you might be interested. I am willing to meet if we are in a reasonable distance.

Pictures of Bantam Cochin and mix chicks.
27406_003.jpg

Quote:
WOW There are more chicken lovers up here then I thought. Winter will be the time to network when there is less work to be done.

Anyone going to the National Finals Border Collie Trials in Carbondale?? First time ever in Colorado. I'm very excited and will work as a volunteer there. This trial is the Super Bowl of dog trials and all the big handlers will be there. If you do come by ask for me I'll be around!! Lynn Graziano & Owen

Hi OwensMom. I haven't checked this page for a while. Sorry I missed your post. I was at the Sheepdog Finals this morning from 7:00 until 1:30 this afternoon. I worked as a volunteer too! From 10:00 to 1:00 I worked the parking lot nearest the field. I wish I had read this earlier - I would have sought you out! What a gorgeous day it was today. Hope you had fun!

Quote:
WOW There are more chicken lovers up here then I thought. Winter will be the time to network when there is less work to be done.

Anyone going to the National Finals Border Collie Trials in Carbondale?? First time ever in Colorado. I'm very excited and will work as a volunteer there. This trial is the Super Bowl of dog trials and all the big handlers will be there. If you do come by ask for me I'll be around!! Lynn Graziano & Owen

Hi OwensMom. I haven't checked this page for a while. Sorry I missed your post. I was at the Sheepdog Finals this morning from 7:00 until 1:30 this afternoon. I worked as a volunteer too! From 10:00 to 1:00 I worked the parking lot nearest the field. I wish I had read this earlier - I would have sought you out! What a gorgeous day it was today. Hope you had fun!

HogbackMtnChickns Sorry we missed each other!! I had a fabulous time. On Sunday I worked near the field as an ASK ME person. Saw Alistaire MacRea's run-awsome!! There were other terriffic run and saw some of the legends of the sport. Anyone interested read Emminent Dogs and Dangerous Men Anyway, the weather was iffy most of the week with thursday being the worst. Raines from Wed night through Friday. The dog/handler teems were out running despite the weather laying down some awsome runs. Sheep not to thrilled!!and making the dog's lives miserable. Great experience and hope to do it again!!

By the way, If anyone is interested, I have 3 Jersey Giant cockerels from Bobbi Porto eggs that I need to rehome. I have one of her yearling roos and he is very sweet and easy to deal with-not to mention LARGE!! Let me know if anyone is interested and we will work out transportation issues!

Hey all!
frow.gif
Anyone here remember me? I was on the forum all the time a couple of years ago, but then we got busy... and then I had to get rid of my birds for awhile. Now we are in a new place and I am getting chicks in two weeks. So excited to get back into it!
woot.gif
I ordered some black cochins for eye candy and the mixed brown egg layers to be useful.
big_smile.png
I will also be raising a bunch of red sexlinks for my in-laws until they are old enough to run with their current flock.

Anyway, I just wanted to say HI and all that! Oh, and that I CAN'T WAIT to have chickies again!
clap.gif

Sorry all that I have been "off the grid". Had a few personal issues...

Coop update!
My wife and I have got the coop built! We have the paint on 50% and she should be finishing it up today...if it dosen't rain!

We will be posting some pics after we get the coop moved into a good spot.

Getting ....there! Will get some ladies at the first of next spring...we don't want to stress the ladies out with winter just yet until we get a system down!

Joe

Back
Top Bottom