Comb growth

murgigirl

In the Brooder
Jan 10, 2024
Can anyone tell why my younger chicken has a bigger and more prominent comb than the other?

For reference, I got them at 3/4 days at which point till now one of them was slightly bigger in sizer than the other. Now in the last 3 weeks I’m seeing my younger chicken with a more defined and red comb. They are both still behaving the same. The ‘big sister’ is not showing any signs of diseases. Should I be concerned?

Attachments

• IMG_6533.jpeg
    IMG_6533.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Can anyone tell why my younger chicken has a bigger and more prominent comb than the other?

For reference, I got them at 3/4 days at which point till now one of them was slightly bigger in sizer than the other. Now in the last 3 weeks I’m seeing my younger chicken with a more defined and red comb. They are both still behaving the same. The ‘big sister’ is not showing any signs of diseases. Should I be concerned?
Maybe she’s a he?

From what I've seen, a bigger comb means they'll be a better layer (though it's not always the case). There's nothing wrong with your girl and the comb size often varies from hen to hen. She will most likely be the one to lay first as well.

From what I've seen, a bigger comb means they'll be a better layer (though it's not always the case). There's nothing wrong with your girl and the comb size often varies from hen to hen. She will most likely be the one to lay first as well.
Thank you! That makes sense. As long as they are both healthy it’s all good.

Back
Top Bottom