One pullet laying, others seem to have stalled

Wisconsinted

Chirping
Jun 28, 2023
I got three barred rock pullets on June 3 and they were most likely a few days to a week old when I bought them. I got my first egg on October 20, at roughly 20-21 weeks, from the one I expected to be the one to lay first. She has laid an egg every day but 3 since, and at first I was wondering if 2 were laying but I've been home last 3 days and it's the same pullet in the nesting box around 10am every day. It's now November 13, and the other 2 have not laid anything yet, so we're on around 24 weeks now. Their comb and waddles and haven't really changed in this time. One of them has far more defined waddles and comb than the other, but they don't seem like they've advanced much at all the last 4 weeks and neither look like the layer with her big bright red comb and waddles. Is this due to season? May they possibly wait until later due to daylight decreasing and climate here (Wisconsin)? I will say I'm happy the first pullet seems to be a superstar so far, but am wondering why the others don't seem to be getting close to laying.

Both my barred rocks have stopped laying with our shortened days (I don’t have a light in my coop). My RIRs have slowed down, but my Australorp, Orpington and D’uccle haven’t slowed down … my EE and Silkie (hatched in April) have both not even laid their first eggs 🙄 lol I figure spring will have lots of eggs 🤞

Back
Top Bottom