Ended Comb Photo Contests!

That should be okay, especially if they are "common" mixes, but I think there may tend to be preferencial treatment to pure breeds.

Okay
big_smile.png
Looking forward to getting pictures of my girl's (and boy's) combs tomorrow (and figuring out how to download pictures to my computer from my ipad
smack.gif
)

I don't see Carnation Comb listed. It's also known as the King's Crest. (cresta en clavell in Catalan language)
Here is the standard for this comb:

Rooster
Simple, mildly large, upright, flat, with five or six plain short peaks, with the last and the first smaller than the central ones. The rear spur, with an arched base has a tendency to toward the back of the neck without touching it and with appendixes to each side of the posterior. The comb, viewed from behind, must resemble a flower.
Hen
Simple, mildly big, with five or six points, very definite and jagged, fall toward a side of the face and with appendixes like in the rooster.

Empordanesa and Penedesenca have carnation combs.

Last edited:
I don't see Carnation Comb listed. It's also known as the King's Crest. (cresta en clavell in Catalan language)
Here is the standard for this comb:

Rooster
Simple, mildly large, upright, flat, with five or six plain short peaks, with the last and the first smaller than the central ones. The rear spur, with an arched base has a tendency to toward the back of the neck without touching it and with appendixes to each side of the posterior. The comb, viewed from behind, must resemble a flower.
Hen
Simple, mildly big, with five or six teeth very definite and jagged, fall toward a side of the face and with appendixes like in the rooster.

Empordanesa and Penedesenca have carnation combs.

Good catch, ChickenCanoe! I'll see about starting one.

Back
Top Bottom