Come and see my chicken quilt

WOW!!! I just LOVE it!!! I had to laugh that you did 12 hens and only ONE rooster, whereas it looks like you have normally been over-run by NINE roosters ( your boys & hubby) and ONE poor little hen ( you) ! lol

I also noticed, however, that you are working diligently on the daughters, lol ~ 5 DIL already!!

Very imaginative, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the handstitched tag on the back ~ I always think that quilts should have these ~ I have quilts from my greatgrandma that are family heirlooms, and all the more loved because of her simple ~signature~ on the back. For some reason it just brings you closer to the special person that made the quilt. It's like an artist signing their work. It adds even more value to the piece.

Don't ever sell it ~ it's a family heirloom, and the fact that it took yrs to finish makes it even more special & rare ~ especially for your family. It's like a journal of time & talent, right there, all prettily collected in a swaddling of comforting quilt~ I love quilts ~ lol ~ it's probably not too obvious ~ ;-D
~Red

Love it, peapatch! Since you shared yours, I thought I'd share DW Shelly's chicken quilt. She's been meaning to do one since we started with the chooks, and found a pattern she liked. Anyone else?

img_0581.jpg

Quote:
PeaPatch ~

I've been quilting for about four years now... it's fun to have my own business! I've raised nine children, and most are now out of the house, so I have more time for something like this.
smile.png

Sometimes I use a pattern for quilting overall designs on the quilt tops; this is called a pantograph pattern. Other times, I free motion quilt, designing as I go. Rather like doodling with a needle and thread. I also sometimes mark with a quilt stencil and quilt that way. Just depends on the quilt top, and what the client wants to spend.
smile.png

One of my daughters is a quilter, and so is a daughter-in-law; aren't I lucky?
big_smile.png

Thanks for posting the photo of your quilt.... it really is a cute one.

Thank you Carla for sharing, you do a beautiful job. Love your website.
love.gif

Clay- your wife Shelly did a nice job on her quilt. Where does she hang it for show???

Is there anyone else out there, who has a chicken quilt to share with us all??
We could have our own chicken quilt show here on the BYC.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom