'Common sense restrictions' for chickens

Rural areas don't need regulation. Rural, as in once and still a few farms historically had livestock and no regulations. This is how it always was and should remain. What pray tell occured to make people think there needs to be a change?

The only regulation for rural area should be humane husbandry. Animals not neglected. In residential rural areas there will already be a noise ordinance so again, no need for more regulation. Everything needed is already on the books. Noise and sanitary animal conditions.

I think the problem is the "one size fits all" mindset of governing bodies. It is so much easier for them that way. That is why the potentially affected need to show up at meetings and set them straight.

We have no restrictions in my zoning area though the association for the 8 houses up the hill specifically says NO poultry. Really stupid if you ask me. I think the smallest lot is 1/2 acre, the largest 2 acres. Oh, but they CAN have horses and camelids. I would have to reread their covenants to see if they are allowed goats, sheep, pigs and/or cattle.

Back
Top Bottom