Complete diet feed for rooster and laying hen

Awesome! They’re both set up with their separate flock raiser, grit, and water. The only difference is I added oyster shell for my pullet. I also smashed up some walnuts for them to snack on.

Thank you so much for your help. You’ve been super helpful and informative and I can’t thank you enough!
Glad to have been able to help.

Hi everyone! I have a rooster who just turned a year, Dottie, and a hen, Lola, who is 8 months or so. I’m looking for suggestions on a complete rooster feed for Dottie and also a separate feed for Lola. Lola is laying already, not a lot, but she’s laid about 15 eggs in the last 2 months or so. Besides the cracked corn that they snack on and a crumble, I also like to give them small treats like blueberries, strawberries and walnuts. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
That birthday picture is soooo cute!
And agree with @DobieLover. Flock Raiser. That’s what I feed my rooster. I also give him 5 Grain Scratch as a treat. It has Boonworms mixed into the bag.

Hi everyone! I have a rooster who just turned a year, Dottie, and a hen, Lola, who is 8 months or so. I’m looking for suggestions on a complete rooster feed for Dottie and also a separate feed for Lola. Lola is laying already, not a lot, but she’s laid about 15 eggs in the last 2 months or so. Besides the cracked corn that they snack on and a crumble, I also like to give them small treats like blueberries, strawberries and walnuts. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
That pic of Dottie with his birthday cake and decorated table is absolutely adorable! So much so BYC should consider this as a calender pic for their anniversary date or something! My 5 hens turned 2 years old a couple days ago. I gave them their favorites, but nothing like what you did! I gave them each their own SMALL dish of greek plain yogurt with some blueberries and fresh red clover sprouts! Also, Extra free range time with me using my tiny garden ho to scratch with them. They love when i start digging. They gather around chatting feverishly, scratching for buggies! 🐓❤️

Awesome! They’re both set up with their separate flock raiser, grit, and water. The only difference is I added oyster shell for my pullet. I also smashed up some walnuts for them to snack on.

Thank you so much for your help. You’ve been super helpful and informative and I can’t thank you enough!
If they live in the same coop and run, you only need one feeder they can share, with flock raiser in it, and a waterer they can share. You can set a dish of oyster shell out and not worry about the rooster, he just won't eat any while the hen will help herself to as much as she needs. And you can have one pan of grit that they can share as well; they both need that.

What is the breed? It's pretty

Thank you! Are there any specific brands that you feel are better or preferred more by chickens? And just to be sure, the oyster shells are only for the pullet, right?
We've raised our 14 pullets on the New Country Organics Starter, and are now feeding them the Grower/Broiler. The chicks gorged themselves on the starter, and the transition to Grower hasn't stopped their eating.

https://www.newcountryorganics.com/grower-broiler-40-pounds.html

We have 16 pullets and one rooster, and we do feed egg shells and oyster shells on the side. Our oldest pullet, a Black Americana, lays wonderful hard shelled eggs. We are going to keep the whole flock on grower, with egg/oyster shells on the side since this will protect my rooster and keep the rest healthy.

Back
Top Bottom